Chapter 12 ~ Misunderstanding

Comenzar desde el principio

“Open up Lexi! I’m really sorry! I didn’t mean to just…stop you like that. I just don’t think we’re ready. Not yet, I want it to be special and not just after we’ve had an argument,” Liam shouts. “God damn it open up Lexi!”

“You got me carried away and then rejected me,” I say between sobs. “I thought you wanted me.”

Liam rattles the handle of the door loudly and takes a large breath intake. “Of course I want you Lexi jeez! Weren’t you listening to anything I said earlier? I need you. But I want this to be special. I don’t want us to rush it, please baby open the door.”

I get up and open the door. Liam shoots inside, enveloping me in a hug. He kisses the top of my head and squeezes me to him tightly. He tells me to get in my pyjamas and cuddle up in bed so he can serve me dinner on a tray. I change into my nighty and snuggle down in bed. I put the TV on music channel and lean my head back in bed.

“LEXI, LEXI, LEXI!” a voice shouts and my eyes shoot over to look at the door.

Niall. He bounces onto the bed and sits next to me.

“Aight?” Niall asks with a wink. “Nice nighty by the way.”

“HEY!” Liam walks in with a tray carrying a bowl of pasta.

Niall puts his arms up in a ‘I surrender’ type of way and shifts over to the bottom of the bed so Liam can cuddle next to me. I thank him for the food and begin eating, with Niall’s eyes glued to me the whole time. I can tell he wants food, but I’m so hungry I don’t want to share.

“So Niall. I’m thinking tell her you’re going to hers tomorrow? I’m coming. And I have the day off so it’s all good. Liam, you coming?” I ask Liam who smiles and nods, stroking my hair.

“Tomorrow?! That’s a little um soon right?” Niall says, shivering nervously.

“Text her. Now!”

Niall gets his phone out and sends a text saying Hey Elise! I miss you and I was wondering if you’d like to hang out tomorrow? Can I bring Liam and his girlfriend? Would that be ok? Nialler x. We wait patiently for a reply.

“She hasn’t replied in five minutes. Is that a bad sign? Maybe she never wants to see me again, you know after last time when I um kissed her. She’s like thirteen now. That’s not too young for me is it? I mean I’m eighteen. It’s what…five years? Jesus that is quite long. Are you two listening?” Niall babbles on.

“Yes! I’m listening! Liam?” I say quickly.

“Mmm?” Liam looks away from the TV to me.

Niall’s phone bleeps and he pounces on it, unlocking it and checking the message.

“She’s replied. SHE SAID YES. SHE SAID SHE WANTS TO SEE ME!” Niall shouts jumping up and down.

I grab his phone and read it. Hey Nialler. Long-time no see, haha. I miss you too. Sure, where and what time? I can’t wait to meet Liam’s girlfriend. Elise x.

“She can’t wait to meet me,” I laugh. “Aw bless. Kids are so cute.”

I instantly regret the last thing I said. I look up at Niall who stops jumping around looks at me, biting his lip.

“She’s just a kid isn’t she? A kid. And I’m almost nineteen. If anyone found out I’d be branded as a cradle-snatcher. It’d ruin the bands future!” Niall put his hands over his face and moaned angrily.

Liam and I spend the rest of the night reassuring him everything will turn out fine, even though neither of us knows if that’s even the truth. It could definitely ruin the band and lots of people would not be happy but it wouldn’t matter to the boys. If Niall was happy the boys would be happy, or so Liam told me when Niall finally left. It took a while to get him to leave. He didn’t want to be all alone thinking about it, but Liam made him go because apparently I needed to sleep.

“Lexi needs some sleep Niall. You have to go. Text us all the details tomorrow morning and we’ll meet you there. Ok?” Liam had said, leading Niall to the door.

Niall pleaded, whined and then finally walked out the door sticking his tongue out at us both. I laughed and blew him a kiss. Now I’m snuggled up with my head on Liam’s chest in silence. Neither of us are talking, instead we’re just sharing each other’s company in peace.

“Tonight before Niall came was one of the scariest nights of my life,” Liam says quietly, breaking the silence. “I’m not usually scared, but tonight I was petrified of losing you.”

I don’t say a word. Instead I lean up and kiss him softly. I pull back away and put my hand against his cheek.

“You’ll never lose me Liam. I wouldn’t be able to handle not having you around. This time you’ve been in America made me realise how much I really need you. I don’t know what would have happened if it was true about Jessica and you. Probably begged you to take me back, or went on angry mission to slap her or something. I don’t really want to think about it,” I sigh heavily and hide my face in his bare chest.

“Hey, hey! That will never happen! I want you, and only you. Not Jessica or anyone else. You wouldn’t need to beg to take me back, or slap her. I’m yours,” Liam whispers in my ear.

I smile and lift my head up. “Say that again, I love it when you say it.”

“What? I’m yours? I’m yours,” Liam says then pauses. “BUT I WON’T HESITATE NO MORE, NO MORE, IT CANNOT WAIT I’M YOUUUUURSSSS!” Liam sings.

I burst out laughing. “Keep singing. Your voice is amazing.”

Liam winks at me. “Well open up your mind and see like me, open up you plans and damn you’re free. Look into your heart and you’ll find love, love, love, love.”

I relax and listen to his soft voice singing gently into my ears until I drift off to sleep.

It feels like only minutes and I’m awake, sweating and tears dribbling down my face. I sit up quickly and look around. Liam’s lain with his arms entangled around me and legs thrown over my own. I rake a hand through my hair and sigh heavily. It was just a dream. Liam’s here with me and he’s not leaving me. He won’t leave me. I trust him.

Hey! Here’s chapter 12 then :) I hope you liked it. The next chapter will be a lot about Niall and Elise’s relationship, but of course Lexi and Liam will be in there too! I am currently working on that and it will be uploaded soon, hopefully. Bye for now!

Jordan x