45. Top stand

"Do you want to dance?" Varie has been browsing her phone for over an hour now when she suddenly jumped up stretching her hand our to Donghyuck who looked at her puzzled.

"No," he said.

"You have invited me!" she raised her voice.

"And?" Donghyuck shrugged.

He has been sitting at their table since the beginning of the dance watching Mark through it miserably. Next to them Jasmine was rolling her eyes to Varie equally bored.

"You're like Mark!" said Varie her face red.

"Hey Varie do you want to dance," Anton, a boy from their class came to them smiling to the girl.

"Of course anything's better than spending time with them," she fixed her green dress than stormed off with the boy while Jasmine looked behind them longingly.

"Will you at lest dance with me?" she asked Mark.

"No," the boy was staring at the table clothing.

"Amazing!" she jumped up running off leaving them alone.

Donghyuck bit his lips. What was it anyway about the girls being so crazy about dancing? He was watching Ella and Taeil cuddling to each other like lost in their own world while kissing all the time. Maybe you had to be Taeil or Yuta's age to get it, Donghyuck shrugged.

"Ella and Taeil seem to have a lot of fun," muttered Dongghyuck causing Mark to glance his way.

"Yes," Mark sent them a killer look.

"Licking might be fun guess," muttered Donghyuck blankly.

"Varie will do you the pleasure!" hissed Mark.

"No thanks," Donghyuck felt a clod shiver.

"Have you had your first kiss yet?" asked Mark suddenly while Donghyuck's stomach twisted.

"You're my biggest fan you should know that."

"How should I know that, it's nowhere online!" Mark raised his voice.

"I'm glad I have at least some privacy," Donghyuck grinned.

"Honestly yes or no?" Mark was watching him in an angry way.

"You'd wish to know," Donghyuck laughed.

"Hey guys don't beat yourself up it's a dance," they heard Sicheng's cheerful tone behind them.

The boys was wearing a dark brown suit he was very excited looking at his phone all the time.

"I thought your phone was confiscated by your parents," said Mark.

"Yuta gave me his old one so we can keep in touch," Sicheng blushed. "I'm doing a lot to hide it's existence from my parents."

"So is Yuta here?" asked Mark.

"He's on his way," Sicheng was smiling even more. "Oh and Ella and Taeil are so cute to watch," he said causing both Mark and Donghyuck to become miserable again.

Sicheng's phone vibrated so he jumped up.

"I'm leaving he's here, have a great night!" he ran out of the gym jumping up every few steps.

Donghyuck started to play with the straw in his lemonade while Mark tried to make holes in the table clothing with a fork, the people around them were so happy chatting, dancing, making out, when they were sitting there in total silence Donghyuck wishing nothing more than the night to end.

'I'm at the field,' Yuta's text made Sicheng jump up from the chair.

He was so happy he forgot everything when he left Donghyuck and Mark hoping they won't beat each other up and land some detention, when he ran out quickly.