20. Waterfall

"Ready?" asked Taeil who managed to puddle into the middle of the river when the boat gained speed.

Taeil had chosen a rather safe path because they were all 'newbies' as he had called them, Sicheng had a lot of trust in his friend's skills, Taeil was the man who even the coastal guard was calling when someone was lost on the lake during a storm or in massive fog. No one knew the lake and all the rivers around it better, so Sicheng felt safe. He did each of Taeil's commands without hesitation when he puddled or put his balance from one side to the other, it was so much fun, the boat was jumping on the waves riding with the stream, it was moving down quickly through a magnificent scenery, along huge rock walls and trees that were diving their branches in the water.

Sicheng heard Ella and Donghyuck squealing from excitement, Mark was shouting "Wow" and "cool" from the front. They were swimming down with the river for a long time till Taeil told them to puddle backwards hard. The boat reached a calmer part of the river where a big waterfall was splashing down a rock wall on there right.

"We need to be closer to the shore it's not deep here so we can jump out and whoever likes can get under the waterfall!" shouted Taeil.

"Jump out?" asked Donghyuck in fear.

But Yuta was the first to leave the boat, he was happy like a little boy when he helped Taeil to push the boat closer towards the shore while Taeil Mark and Sicheng held it on the small waves. The water was cold but reaching to his chest only when Sicheng felt the river bottom under his bare feet, something like a fish touched his leg so he laughed loudly. He saw how Yuta was walking in the stream getting to the waterfall, Ella and Donghyuck stayed on the boat while Donghyuck grabbed the girl's hand tightly.

A moment later Yuta dived under the wall of water, they heard him yelling from excitement.

"He's adventurous," muttered Taeil.

"Too adventurous," said Donghyck miserably.

Sicheng shivered, he could only see Yuta's shape, the boy had taken his helmet off standing in the splashing water jumping up and down like a little boy.

"Anyone else want to go?" asked Taeil. "Sicheng?"

"No I..." Sicheng lowered his head.

"Go, just go," Mark pushed his arm. "And be quick or my feet will freeze in here!"

Sicheng hesitated but Ella started to shout his name so he began to walk towards the stone wall through the waves. Fortunately the river was slowing down in this place so it was easy to get there, even if the stream was slower, the water was up to his chest but he wouldn't dare to swim to not to be flipped off and taken with the river. His heart was hammering when he approached the wall of rushing water that was hitting his face with icy drops, but he was more afraid of the man waiting on the other side then of the waterfall.

"Sicheng grab my hand!" shouted Yuta walking to a spot where Sicheng could see his stretched out arm.

He managed to grab Yuta's wet fingers nearly falling down when the boy pulled him into the massive water stream that hit him a little painfully, but a moment later he was on the other side falling on Yuta accidentally pushing him to the stone wall, his face inches from Yuta's cheek.

He looked up catching these dark eyes his heart running like crazy.

Yuta's face looked so much manlier without a layer of makeup he was usually waring, with the messed up wet hair. Wait was he even prettier.

Sicheng moved from the boy quickly stopping in some distance to him watching the water drops building a rainbow underneath the waterfall. His heart was still hammering his inside burning, Yuta was very quiet.

"Guys come back!" Taeil and Mark were shouting as loudly as they could so Sicheng moved, he followed Yuta squeezing his hand tightly when they walk back through the splashing water coming out on the other side, they made their way back to the boat on the slippery bottom of the river, Yuta was holding his hand all the time he only let go when they reached Taeil and the rest.

"How was it?" asked Mark.

"Cool," Yuta grinned widely.

Sicheng stayed quiet he felt so torn, so embarrassed he hoped Yuta hasn't thought anything bad about him because of it, so Sicheng crawled back on the boat quietly, Taeil was the last one to go up, he told them to puddle more as they needed to get the boat around a difficult path, they slid down a very small threshold in the river then puddled towards a sandy beach. Taeil and Yuta jumped out of the boat to keep it stable when the rest puddled hard till they managed to get to the shallow water, as the river had fallen into a beautiful small lake.

It was midday, the sun was high and Sicheng was happy to be back on land, the wet clothes were sticking to his body and he hoped to warm himself up a little. He saw that everyone had left the boat despite Donghyuck.

"End of the journey," said Taeil smiling but the boy was still sitting there his face very troubled.

"Donghyuck come," said Yuta stretching his hand out to the boy. "It's shallow here you don't need to worry besides the jacket will carry you."

"What's up with him?" asked Mark.

"He can't swim," said Yuta when Donghyuck lowered his head more.

"That's noting to be ashamed about you were very brave out there today," said Taeil.

Donghyuck stayed silent but finally jumped out of the boat, Sicheng watched how Yuta took his arm staying near to him till they reached the shore there Donghyuck moved away from him then sat in the sand far from everyone.

"Puberty," sighed Yuta untying his jacket.

Taeil and Ella left them soon walking up a path to come back with a guy, all of them carrying backpacks.

"We have towels and food," said Taeil grinning but Sicheng couldn't focus much when Yuta was standing a few meters from him wearing nothing but his swimming trunks, the water drops glittering on his body in the sunlight. Sicheng tried his best to look away but he couldn't be stubborn enough and keep his eyes off the boy.

"This is my friend Ten," said Taeil pointing at the dark haired man who waved to them. "He will take us back to the cars."

Thank you for your lovely support

Thank you for your lovely support. Did you like the chapter? What do you think a about the rafting trip and Yuwin's moment under the waterfall? How will their adventure continue?

Much <3