Dont Worry. And Thanks

Aiden's PoV

Aiden held up his phone in the darkness, feeling the weight in his heart keep dragging him down... why was he feeling this way? He turned to face the wall, clicking off his phone and just trying to fall asleep.

Aiden swallowed, his throat was dry again... and his arms... well... they were healing but now they were bruising again because he had to participate in class for gym. Volleyball wasn't the best if he wanted to heal those scars of his.

How could he have been so stupid? Cutting himself in the most obvious places? Maybe... he heard a little voice at the back of his head, he wanted attention. Aiden sighed, rubbing his arms tiredly.

He couldn't sleep. He couldn't eat. There were so many things he couldn't do. He was so... tired of living. But he didn't want to leave his friends behind. But... were they his true friends?

Aiden blinked, feeling a tear slide down his face and onto a pillow. Every night... it was the same. His headphones on and his sleepless nights.

And the fact that he was currently having a crush, who didn't like him back wasn't helping as well... Aiden sighed. Why couldn't Jesse like him? Was he too weird? Too cringey? Having emotions were so... difficult. Aiden wanted to know what people thought of him.

A weirdo?  a loner? Aiden wasn't sure. But if he could describe himself with one word, it would've been insane. Aiden hated himself. He hated the fact that he got embarrassed easily. He hated the fact that he couldn't enjoy things that he used to do.

Aiden sighed again, switching the music on his phone and at the same time, his classmate (and possible crush) texted him. Aiden swiped to open the message and looked at what he had to say.

"I saw those. They must've hurt while we were playing volleyball, right? ... but whatever it is... you can talk to me."

Lukas. His perfect, no-nonsense classmate... somehow.. those few simple words wanted to make Aiden cry. Someone... finally, someone who seemed to care...

But... Aiden looked at the message again and held up his phone to reply.

"Yeah," Aiden closed his eyes. His usual reply.

"I'm fine. Don't worry... and thanks."

-End