Final Words

[ Final Words ]
(Aiden x Jesse)

"I just feel like you don't love me anymore."

Aiden gripped the edge of the building, looking down at the city far below.

"But Aiden-!" Jesse protested as Aiden turned, facing other the distraught boy, looking right into his emerald green eyes. "I'm sorry Jesse." Aiden whispered, pushing himself up to stand on the ledge, the tips of his shoes over the edge.

"Aiden! You're being unreasonable! I still love you!" Jesse pleaded as Aiden looked down, his eyes half closed and the wind pulling him down. Wanting to end his life.

"... No more." Aiden muttered. Strangely, he didn't feel scared. Or panicked. He finally felt peace, knowing that he was going. But he couldn't stand the sight of Jesse's face, scared and helpless.

Aiden was done. Listening to Jesse's poison and his lies of love.

"I don't love you anymore."

"So wouldn't it be better if I spared you the heartache?"

"Because you don't know what I've been through. How I stared at myself in the mirror. Telling myself that you really loved me. But lies. All of them."

"And you had to go and replace me."

"I'm sorry Jesse," Aiden turned to Jesse and looked at him sadly, "Maybe you're life would be better off without me."

Aiden stepped off the ledge.

But someone took his arm, pulling him back. Aiden's eyes shot open when he realised that Jesse had caught his arm. "No." the green eyes boy whispered, his arm shaking with the effort from just holding onto Aiden.

"Don't you get it? I love you."

Aiden looked up at Jesse, feeling nothing but the sting of lies. "It would be better if you let me go, Jesse.." he whispered, feeling his hand slip. He had no regrets.

Jesse shook his head, pulling Aiden back with all his strength. "No." he repeated, "I-I don't care. All I care about is saving you."

Aiden looked up at Jesse, tears starting to form. The first sign of regret.

"Don't let go." Jesse muttered as he pulled Aiden back, before finally collapsing into his arms. Aiden closed his eyes, still in Jesse's arms.

Just lies.

- The End.