Welcome to The Panic Room (Jesskas)

Jesse's PoV

Jesse stared up at the ceiling, listening to his songs on his phone. His earpiece wires were tangled around his neck, tight enough to make him breathe harder, but not tight enough to kill him. Jesse didn't care. Better to be strangled to death than to live in this world anyway.

Beside him, his phone remained dark, no one checking on him or messaging him, which was fine with Jesse. He preferred to be left alone anyway. Around his room, shadows started to form as darkness fell, casting everything into black and vivid figures.

Jesse hated the dark, but he didn't care. All he cared about was getting at least one message from any of his so-called friends. Preferably Lukas, his long time crush and best friend. But even Lukas seemed to have left him alone. Jesse lay on his side, his eyes half closed and tears slowly brimming in his eyes.

Outside, he could hear his mother lock his door, trapping him in his own room. Jesse had refused to eat, pretending to be fine on the outside, but in the inside, he was starving.

Jesse sighed, staring at the wooden door. Ever since his mom found out that Jesse had snuck out of the house just hang out with his friends, she always locked him in his room when darkness started to fall. She was always so protective of him. In a bad way.

She never let him out, never gave him anything. The last time she gave something to Jesse was back in Christmas. Oh, she gave him something, alright. She gave him the rows of red lines on his back which still hurt even after four weeks of sleeping on his side.

Jesse clenched the bedsheets around his hand and started to cry, taking in dry sobs as his music played, ringing in his ears. He couldn't scream, because his mother would know, and if she did, she'd be back for round two. Finally, Jesse started to close his eyes, drifting off to an uneasy sleep. His whole pillow was damp with tears, but Jesse didn't care.The sooner he got to sleep, the sooner he would leave reality behind.

Jesse ran a hand across his phone sleepily, checking one last time.

Lukas: "Hey."

-End