Nothing's Wrong (Jaiden)

Jesse's PoV

Jesse put down his phone, feeling sick. Truthfully, he didn't really know what to say. A lot of things happened that day. Him leaving social media. Him leaving behind his one true friend. And everyone behind just because of his selfishness.

But it was for the best.

Jesse sat on the bathroom floor, mindlessly staring at the cold tiles on the floor and his phone screen blank. Sure, he was hoping someone would see through his disguise and finally ask him what's wrong. But no result.

Lately, everything just seemed to be falling apart. Then the final straw came when his mom threatened to kill herself.

Jesse didn't know what to do.. but he didn't regret leaving the haters behind. But he did regret leaving his friends. But he just couldn't muster up the energy to even talk to anyone anymore. Both his life on social media and in real life just wasn't enjoyable anymore.

He couldn't even think, for goodness sake. Maybe it was better just to leave forever. Not look back. But why did he still have that ache in his stomach? In his heart? Jesse sighed, pulling off his headphones and pulling himself up to stand in front of the sink.

Jesse sighed again. He was tired... he wanted to cry, but he just couldn't cry, not matter what he tried. Jesse stared at the mirror and pulled out his penknife. His mom would kill him, but... Jesse pressed a hand against the glass and scratched out a name only he could understand.

His crush. Aiden. He was the one person Jesse really missed the most. "And he doesn't like me." Jesse muttered, accidentally letting the blade slip and cut his finger. But Jesse didn't care. Jesse silently watched the blood drip into the basin full of water in the sink and ignored the pain.

Maybe physical pain was better than mental pain. "Why can't I make sense?" Jesse muttered to himself, feeling the tears starting to well in his eyes. "WHY?" He furiously turned and punched the wall. But all he did was to hurt his hand. Great.

Jesse sank to his knees and sobbed, his tears dripping onto the floor in front of him. He was so done. So done with his heartache and his mental state.

He was going crazy.

Jesse shakily stood up again and drained the water in the sink with deadly seriousness. He refilled it with fresh water and pulled on his headphones. "Just let me die." he muttered to himself as his tears continued to fall.

Jesse plunged his head into the water and cried, wanting to end his life. He didn't care. He wasn't aware of the ringing in his ears as the music replaced it. Finally, he choked and-?!

"JESSE!" Someone grabbed him from behind and pulled him out. The person pulled him out of the bathroom and slapped him on the back, making him throw up the water. "WHAT DID YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING?!" a familiar voice cried. Jesse started to cry again, trying to pull away but the other person was too strong. "JESSE. TELL ME WHAT THE HELL DID YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING!"

"Killing- myself." Jesse whimpered. "I want to die. Please let me die.." His sister, Jess, pulled off his headphones and held him close. "No. You still have a life ahead of you. Don't throw it away." she sobbed, kneeling on the floor with Jesse.

Jesse stayed silent, breathing hard and still shaky from his near death experience. But he was never so serious in his whole life. And he wasn't done yet.

-End