In a Dark Place (Jesskas)

(Dark? With a meaning? I think) Dark? IDK. God. I cant decide. Dark?

Lukas's PoV

"Just let me go- please." he pleaded to the green eyed boy standing before him. The Jesse he once known and loved was now betraying him. About to kill him.

Lukas struggled against his bonds and managed to get free but he was too slow. With two quick strides, Jesse pinned him against the wall and making Lukas cry out at the sudden pain at the back of his head.

"You're never going to leave, my dear Lukas. Never." Jesse glared at him as he started to choke the blue eyed boy. "You're never going to leave this place. And you know that, deep down." Jesse said quietly, smiling at the pain Lukas was in.

Lukas took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down but it was proving difficult since his best friend, his secret crush, was physically trying to kill him. Lukas took another shaky breath and was about to give up when Jesse let him go.

To be honest, Lukas would've wanted Jesse to end his pain, right there and then. But Lukas knew. If Jesse let him live for now, there was more pain to come. "I-I don't care." Lukas whispered, his throat sore.

"You don't care, what?" Jesse asked, his voice having a malicious tone to it. "I-I don't care how much you h-hurt me. I'm not scared." Lukas knew he was pushing his luck, but he was desperate for time. Anyone. Anything to save him.

Jesse smirked, and started to laugh. "You're trying to buy time, I respect that you have determination, Lukas." Each time Jesse said his name, it felt like a pain in his heart all over again. Like someone who kept stabbing him in the heart over and over again. It was worse than the torture.

Lukas yelped as Jesse pulled him up to feet and slammed him against the wall. Lukas didn't dare to say a word as Jesse smiled at him. "So do you want to talk? Or do I make you talk in this malicious nightmare you're having?"

Lukas mustered up his courage and looked at those familiar green eyes. "What do you want me to say?" Lukas asked softly.

"Do you want to escape? Wake up, Lukas." Jesse said.

"It's over and you're never going to leave."

"It's over and you know it."

"NO!" Lukas yelled, pushing Jesse away and backing away. He turned to see that he was in a room with no doors. No escape. "I'm not going to die- I'm not-." Lukas was starting to panic, his hands shaking as he looked for an exit.

Jesse smiled. "Let's just get this over with, shall we? One last try, Lukas. Wake up."

"HOW?" Lukas screamed, hitting the wall behind him as Jesse walked across to him. The walls changed to black as Lukas watched Jesse approaching, a knife in his hand. "How do I wake UP?"

"You pretend everything's alright." Jesse said simply, the darkness making Jesse nearly invincible, except for his green eyes Lukas always loved. Jesse smiled.

"See you on the other side, Lukas." Jesse whispered in his ear.

Lukas waited for the pain to come- so he closed his eyes.

———————————-

"Here for another night, I see."

Lukas looked around to see that same familiar figure at the other end of the hallway.

"What- Jesse? What are you doing here?" Lukas called, his head ringing. Jesse just smiled, holding up a knife, tilting it to show Lukas's reflection in it. "Are you ready for another night? What did I tell you?"

"Wake up."

Lukas didn't know what was going on but he nodded hesitantly. "Come on then. Start running."

Lukas startled when the platform he was standing on started to move. "If I catch you, you're dead for real. Understand?" Jesse said, his voice growing louder as Lukas instinctively started to walk faster, trying to put as much distance from his friend as much as possible.

There was something he didn't like about Jesse's voice.

You know those dreams where you feel like you can't run? It was like that. But imagine your best friend. Your crush, walking after you. Threatening to kill you. You'd want to wake up, right?

Lukas was already damaged anyway. What's more to progress?

"Wake up, Lukas. You cant stay asleep forever." Jesse said from behind him but Lukas continued to run.

He needed to escape from this dream.

——————————-

Jesse's PoV

"Wake up Lukas... you cant stay asleep forever... right?" Jesse muttered desperately, holding his best friend's hand as he listened to the heart monitor beating unsteadily.

"Prepare for the worst." the doctor said to him but Jesse refused to let go.

———————————-

Lukas's PoV

Lukas turned to see Jesse starting to run. But Lukas looked up to see a door at the other end of the corridor.

He felt trapped. He needed to run- he needed to leave this nightmare as soon as possible. "Wake up, Lukas. I'm never going to leave you alone."

Lukas placed a hand on the doorknob and turned it, finally out of breath and entering the bright light.

-End