Accidents

Lukas's PoV

No call. No text. Lukas sighed and sat on his chair, facing the wall. "17 already, huh?" his classmate texted him. Lukas smiled to himself and sighed, drawing his knees to his chest as he texted back.

"I don't feel any different from yesterday." he swallowed. He was waiting. For that someone to text him. Not his classmate. Not just his friends he always seen around. Did no one care anymore.?

He was waiting for his best friend to text him. Lukas frowned, extremely bored with his life.

17 years already... what has he accomplished.? Lukas sighed again. Even his old best friend didn't say anything to him. What was there to even celebrate anyway?

Lukas frowned, looking at the floor. Even though it was his birthday... no one cared. Aside from his family. Other than that... maybe no one else..

Lukas's eyes watered a little, his vision blurring. He shouldn't cry about this. But it was just... that feeling when even your own best friend didn't say anything to you. Didn't even text.

Lukas picked up a book he was writing and flipped through them, looking at his handwriting. His diary. He stopped last year... the last entry was so full of hope. What happened this year.?

He managed to become something he'd always wanted. But only to find out that he wasn't good at it. He'd always wanted to be a writer, in his class. But compared to everyone else's writing... he was just garbage.

So that shut Lukas down real fast. He wasn't good at writing. His friends at his old school left him. His new school had bullies everywhere. He could barely force himself to eat anymore. And he just couldn't bring himself to enjoy life as much as he used to.

Lukas frowned, slamming his diary shut. What else could he do.? Even his own best friend forgot his birthday. And not to mention, he was extremely bored. "Why don't you just go down for a walk, Lukas? Get some fresh air or something." His mother said, sitting on a couch and just reading a book.

Fresh air. As if that would heal the hole in his heart. Lukas scowled and shut the door, heading down to the park.

But first, he had to cross the road. Lukas shoved his hands in his pockets and looked up at the blue sky, thinking about Jesse. He never said anything that day. No good morning or happy birthday. Lukas frowned to himself as he listened to his music.

As if Jesse ever remembered anything anyway.

He took a step forward, crossing the road. However... he didn't check.

A loud horn startled him, making him jump and turn to see a car speeding towards him. Holy heck-

Lukas couldn't remember what happened after that. All he could feel was sudden pain all over his body and the metallic taste of blood in his mouth.

He opened his eyes to see that it was raining. Droplets of rain pouring onto his face. And he could barely move.

What was going on.? He could hear someone yelling, and some sirens.. and red and blue lights. Lukas started to close his eyes, feeling the pain slowly start to vanish.

"Jesse." he muttered before he closed his eyes.

-End