To Show or Not to Show (Jesskas)

Lukas's PoV

He was still numb over his fight with Jesse. That's all he could say for now. Lukas gently hit his head against the wall, and turned to see Petra and Aiden, walking towards him. "Hey, you cant afford to lose any more brain cells dummy." Petra said, knocking his head.

Lukas half smiled, since he barely had any energy left from his father's abuse from the previous night. "Hey, you know I'm depressed, right?" Aiden said bluntly, making Lukas look at him skeptically. "Uh. Yeah?"

"So I cut." Aiden smiled, pushing up the sleeve of his hoodie to reveal a thin red line. It wasn't even deep enough to be lethal. "That's seriously upsetting." Lukas told him, inspecting it. "Psh, you're such a wimp, Aiden. Check mine out." Petra showed Lukas and Aiden her wrist, which only had a few faint lines, none of them looking deep as well.

"Come on Lukas, I wanna see yours!" Aiden said, looking at the blonde, who looked down at his sleeve covered wrists. It seems like they didn't know the definition of depression. It wasn't a game. It was a nightmare.

"Hey guys." a familiar voice said from behind them, making the threesome look around to see Jesse, holding a can of cola. "Hey Jesse." Lukas greeted him softly but Jesse still ignored him, obviously still angry about their fight. "Wanna see my scars?" Aiden offered to Jesse, who drained his cola.

Jesse looked at Lukas. "Uh, what's this about?" he asked. Lukas pretended not to know but Petra rolled her eyes. "Lukas has been cutting, and he doesn't want to show us! Maybe he's just lying."

Jesse glanced at Lukas's covered arms. "Depression is not a joke you know. Neither is cutting." Jesse said clearly, but the anger in Lukas started to boil as Aiden and Petra held out penknives. "Oh come on Jesse, a little pain won't hurt-." Aiden slid the penknife open, making Lukas grab it out of his hand and throw it into the nearby bushes.

Lukas stood up, tears brimming in his eyes. "You guys don't understand! This is not a game you know!" he exclaimed. Aiden and Petra looked at each other, confused.

"You don't know what it's like to feel actual pain!" Lukas pushed up his sleeve to reveal deep cuts in his arms, unlike Petra's and Aiden's.

Jesse grabbed Lukas's hand and pulled him away. Away from Aiden and Petra, who just watched them silently as they walked. "Why didn't you tell me?" Jesse asked Lukas, who was furiously wiping away his tears. "I didn't want to bother you." Lukas mumbled.

"Lukas," Jesse held Lukas's shoulders and forced him to look at Jesse. "I'm your best friend, and you can tell me anything you want, remember?"

Lukas sighed, looking away from Jesse's green eyes and onto the grass. "It's just tough sometimes. And I hate the fact that Petra and Aiden think it's all a game."

"I know it's not a game, Lukas. This is serious. Now come on." Jesse held out a hand, making Lukas look at him quizzically. "Let's help you."

Lukas's lip trembled slightly. "Why are you helping me? Even after our fight?" he asked, looking at the brown haired boy, who was twirling a stick he picked up from the ground. "Because..." Jesse looked up at Lukas, "I realised that time is precious. And so are you."

"So, I don't wanna lose you, Lukas."
Lukas smiled when Jesse said that.
"Same here, Jesse.."

Lukas pulled Jesse into a hug, still crying but finally forgiven.

-End

(This is just a book of dark things that might or might not have happened to me irl, but I advice you, if you're depressed or just generally feeling upset, feel free to comment and say so and I'll try to help as much as I can)