I Kissed A Boy (Jesskas)

[ WARNING: MIGHT BE A TEENY BIT GAY BECAUSE IM WRITING THIS AT 12:37 AM :))))) ]

Jesse's PoV

He looked up when he heard the back door open and shut with a gentle click. Jesse turned to see a blonde guy, his head buried in his knees as he leaned against the door. He seemed to be... crying?

Jesse turned back to face the garden, looking down at his thumbs. He didn't turn around again until he heard the crying become quiet sobs which eventually became hiccups.

Jesse glanced backwards, to see the boy still remaining in the same position but at least he wasn't crying anymore..

"Hey," Jesse finally spoke up, trying to talk to the boy as softly as he could despite the loud music in the background as the party went on. "You okay?" he asked.

For a few minutes, the blonde didn't move, making Jesse wonder if he had somehow fallen asleep, despite the fact they were sitting in the backyard of Aiden's house.

The boy looked up, his blue eyes fixed on Jesse's. "..." he didn't say anything, as he continued to look at Jesse.

"Uh.." the brunette trailed off, "You wanna talk?"

His ocean blue eyes were unnerving, Jesse thought as he shuffled a little closer to the blonde until he was sitting beside him. And Jesse got a better look at him.

It was him.

The boy he always saw in the hallways or at the lunch table. The one who always got mocked because he wore dark nail polish and wore black eyeliner. "What are you doing here?" Jesse blurted out, covering his mouth too late as the blonde stared at him.

The boy sighed, "Jesse Jones," he muttered. His voice was just how Jesse remembered it. Slow and soothing. "When will you ever learn how to stop sticking your nose in other people's business?"

Jesse sat back, all his good intentions for the blonde vanishing. "Well," he replied haughtily, "I see that you don't need my help."

"What? Who said so?" the blonde reached up and grabbed Jesse's wrist. "I'm sorry, I was just teasing you. Can.. you stay? I think I need to talk to someone.." he sighed.

His name came to Jesse then. Lukas Porter. He had a reputation for being a teacher's pet. And being the one nerdy kid at the front of the class. "What do you even want to talk about?" Jesse asked but sat down next to Lukas.

He sighed, "The thing is, I only came to this party because.. well, one of my old friends was here. And I guess I needed to talk to him. But I didn't know I would get ambushed at the door." Lukas picked up a pebble and threw it away, out into the garden.

"Ambushed?" Jesse asked. He swore he didn't get ambushed by anyone, so what could Lukas be talking about?

Lukas raised an eyebrow. "Teased. They called me gay. And all sorts of names and told me dirty 'jokes'. But what they don't fucking know is how much they're really hurting me."

Jesse looked at their shoes, which were inches apart from each other. He had to resist the urge to just tap Lukas's shoe with his own. "I'm sorry," Jesse apologised by Lukas just raised an eyebrow, "Whatever for? You weren't the one who bullied me."

"No," Jesse corrected him, "Aiden's my friend... I should've been there to stop him. Since I know this was the sort of thing he would do."

Lukas went quiet for awhile, just playing with the string of his pink sweater. "Thanks Jesse," he muttered after he tied a knot. "Even though we've been in the same class together for ages, I just couldn't seem to get the courage to talk to you."

Jesse looked at him, curious. "You.. you mean we're in the same class?" he stammered as a small smile appeared on Lukas's face. "Duh. You always fall asleep in Algebra."

Jesse felt his face heat up as Lukas laughed again, "You're funny, Jesse, its.. a shame we've only just met."

The two boys looked up when thunder boomed overhead and a gentle breeze blew around them.

Jesse shivered a little, feeling cold from the sudden- he felt Lukas drape an arm around his shoulder, pulling him close to his warm body. Jesse froze, not knowing what to do as he tried not to move.

All he could think of was the smell of Lukas's shampoo. Ocean scented and like a whole field of roses. "I.. uh.." Jesse trailed off as Lukas sighed, "Sorry, I.. I shouldn't have.."

"No, it's okay," Jesse offered his shoulder to Lukas, not really thinking about much as the blonde gently rested his head. "Thanks.. its just been.. a really rough night." Lukas mumbled as Jesse nodded.

There was a silence as the two boys sat together in the darkness of the back porch and the music from the party seemingly far away.

Jesse didn't know how but after a good fifteen minutes of the two of them sitting there, Jesse found his fingers laced with Lukas's. The two boys had somehow held each other's hands. With Lukas's perfectly trimmed nails and Jesse's imperfect ones, they felt like they had so many differences... but were still safe in each other's company.

Jesse felt his eyelids start to droop a little, before they almost closed by themselves.

"Jesse?" Lukas whispered, as Jesse was surprised to see him awake. "Hmm?" the brunette murmured, trying to stay awake. "I.. didn't tell you," Lukas's voice drifted in and out of his thoughts.

Overhead, Jesse heard another clap of thunder, shaking him out of his sleepiness for awhile to finally hear Lukas's words clearly..

"The person I wanted to see in the first place.."

"Was you." Lukas finished as Jesse felt the blonde's lips press against his. Jesse's eyes opened, pressing a hand against Lukas's chest for a moment, shock and surprise making him instantly alert.

But.. Jesse thought as Lukas kissed him again, but Jesse kind of liked it. The feeling of Lukas's lips on his as they kissed. "Lukas," Jesse whispered as the two boys pulled away, "I- I have a girlfriend!"

Lukas looked at him, surprised, "Oh.."He wiped his pink lips with the sleeve of his sweater. "I'm so sorry-."

Jesse bit his lip, adrenaline making him think recklessly as he pinned Lukas to the wall, making the blonde stare at him wide eyed, his hair a mess.

Jesse grabbed the front of Lukas's sweater and kissed him again, "But fuck it." he smiled as Lukas started to relax a little when Jesse pulled away, "I think I'm much better off with you."

And Jesse kissed Lukas again, putting everything else out of his thoughts.

-End