"You were seriously amazing tonight." he complimented making me feel appreciated. "I thought you gave it your all in the last game, yet you surprised everyone."

"Seriously, Seb, we owe you one," Hayden commented while pointing his finger at me.

"Thanks to you, we got in the tournament!"

"Which is why we gotta train even harder. We can't keep relying on him to win us the title and the trophy."

"You're right."

"Aren't you gonna say anything?"

I glanced at Luke for a second then down at my drink. I shrugged confidently. "I think I already said everything in the field."

Unexpectedly, everyone started yelling and praising my name as if I had accomplished something inconceivable. People nearby threw their attention in our direction with interest and curiosity. Quickly, I began appointing each one of them embarrassingly to keep it down and to ourselves, rather than causing more chaos and noisiness.

"I need more beer," Luke announced while snickering. He turned to ask me if I wanted, but I shook my head. So, he quickly went to fetch for himself.

Just when they calmed down, Joshua finally appeared as he enters the group. Although he was instantly greeted with wolf whistles and teases, encouraging and praising him for finally standing up for himself. I recalled him mentioning that he was going to meet his interest after the game, which made me send him an impressed smirk.

And after receiving a couple of pats and encouraging cheers, he made his way towards him. "So, how is swimmer boy?" I asked him teasingly.

However, instead of answering with an eye roll or a playful hit, he dropped his smile and stood beside me. "Mia is with Ashton," he told me.

She's here?

My eyebrows flew up in surprise as I try to read his eyes. But before I could say a word, someone else bugged in.

"Ashton?" Chris asked Joshua, hearing our conversation. "Where is he?"

The rest heard him as well and looked around for Ashton. "I don't know," Eric said. "I haven't seen him since the game."

"To hell with him," Stephan muttered with annoyance before chugging his drink.

"I agree," I heard Luke's voice repeat. I glanced and saw him coming back with a couple of cans in his arms.

I let out a sigh and turned to Josh again. "Where are they?" I whispered but demanding, for the last thing I want right now is for the rest of the group to catch them together.

Josh rolled his head to the left secretly and pointed at the stage. "Over there..." he mumbled. I took a glimpse in that direction but caught dozens of people dancing and gathered around. But after a few seconds, a group walked away from the centre of the dance floor only to reveal Mia and Ashton standing next to a drinking table.

I watched them for a moment, tried to read her face through the distance and guess what they might be talking about. Yet, that was when I saw her roll her head back while laughing as if she just heard the funniest joke.

My gaze instantly turned into a glare as I start to feel anger boiling inside of me along with annoyance. Without hesitation, I gave Joshua my drink and took off towards them.

How many times do I have to warn Ashton to stay away?!

I walked directly at them not caring about the bodies I bumped into or the people I pushed out of my way. And just when I got near, I felt a body fall onto me like a bag of sand.