8| Secrets

S E B A S T I A N

S E B A S T I A N

"New girl?!" Josh exclaimed in shock while Luke looks at me like I'm crazy.

The grip on my hair tightens as painful memories start to come crashing back. Memories I tried so hard to forget and not think of because it came all to an end. But now, it looks like it never did.

It just makes no sense!

"Dude, you on drugs?" Luke chuckled making me snap my attention to him and give him a dreadful glare. The last thing I want now is to doubt myself.

"No, Luke. I'm not on fucking drugs," I spat with anger only to make him raise his arms in surrender.

"Wait, how did this happen? I'm not really following," Josh mumbled in confusion.

I let out a heavy breath when I started to remember pure scenarios of the days I felt free. The days where I never got to worry about feeling guilty for the things that I've done. The days where the only thing that hurt was seeing her cry.

How could this happen? My life ended when I saw her die.

I let my back rest on my bed so I could stare at the ceiling blankly as I start remembering things that made my heart flutter. It didn't take long for me to go back to my dark place.

"Me neither," I said while biting my tongue. "I don't know how or why but all I know is that she's here and alive."

She's not dead.

"What if your mind is just playing games?" he suggested. "It happened to you before."

I shook my head. "Nah, I'm not hallucinating. You see her too!"

He opened his mouth to say something but then closed it, only to nod his head.

"Maybe she's a ghost and here to haunt you!" Luke comments with a fake gasp, making me roll my eyes at him.

"Just shut up!" Josh hissed at him with annoyance.

He chuckled at both of us, not taking any of what I'm saying seriously. But I mean, who can blame him? I'm not even sure if my mind isn't playing games.

"Okay, fine!" he sighed, rolling his eyes. "You want a reasonable explanation? She's just a new girl with the same name and face."

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows. "Then how come does she have the exact same heart-shaped locket?"

He scoffed at me. "So what? There's a lot of girls who wear lockets! You said it yourself, you didn't see what's inside. What evidence do you get?"

"Yeah, because having the same name, the same face and the same necklace is not enough."

"She kicked me in the balls!" he snapped frustratingly. "What do you want me to say?"

"Nothing, Luke. Just shut the hell up," Josh ordered. "Plus, you deserve it."