5| Numbed

M I A

M I A

"And this is the library." she finished exclaiming with her arms flying around as a gesture to the huge room packed with tall bookshelves of all kinds.

I looked around the place with disbelief and excitement as I found myself letting my feet drag me inside.

While mischievous Julia smirks at the library lady that glared coldly at her, I let a low snicker before I went to examine some shelves. Somehow feeling myself at ease.

Charlotte used to bring me a  book every day to keep me entertained. She thinks I've never read any of them because every time she'd bring me one, I'd roll my eyes at her. Yet she'd keep bringing me more. But actually, once she leaves I'd finish each book in an hour.

I'm definitely going to explore this place later.

"I'm guessing you're a book worm," Julia mumbled walking towards me.

"Yeah." I glanced at her with a small smile.

She smiled back. "Well, feel free to come here anytime you want after class hours. And if you're interested, there is also a book club that you can join."

I shook my head. "I'm not really good at socializing."

"Oh, I already know that." she laughed to herself. "Anyway, we need to get going. Third period is about to start and we're only allowed to miss two."

I nodded my head, only to let her head towards the exit with me following behind.

Just like how Mrs Andrea promised, Julia gave me a full tour. She showed me a lot of rooms and lounges that I lost count of. I got to see the gym, pool areas, multiple sports fields, some science labs, art classes... She also introduced me to some clubs that I may be interested in joining.

The only conclusion I got from this whole long trip is that the academy is enormous! I'm surprised we managed to go through it all in only two hours. And I'm just talking about the first two floors, the rest are dorm rooms.

It was also a tiring experience, walking around. I even got to go to the last floor, which was a clear area with only one big stage designed for parties and celebrations.

We walked out of the library into the empty hallways, accompanied by the echo of our footsteps as we head to the elevator.

"So tell me, Mia," Julia hummed beside me. "How did you get here?"

"A car...?" I replied not quite understanding the concept of her question.

"No! That's not what I meant." she chuckled shaking her head. "I mean how did you end up here? As in why?"