24| Peace

M I A

M I A

"How do you turn on this shit?!" I laughed as I press on every button there is. And I couldn't help but laugh even harder when all my attempts failed miserably.

"Stop it, you'll break it!" he warned before taking his eyes from the road for a moment and slapping my hand away. 

I rolled my eyes. "It's already broken!" I defended but he glanced at me with a smirk.

He reached for a button that was located on the very end of the small machine and pressed it for a few seconds with his index figure. Later on, it magically turned on and blue digits started appearing on the tiny screen.

"Just like that," he waved his hands as if he's taking a bow. Annoyingly, I pushed myself slightly forward and hit the back of his head playfully before I rested back on my seat.

"As if I could figure that out!" I rolled my eyes while he laughs, rubbing his head. 

He glanced at me again with a soft smile, his dark eyes twinkling with joy while his dark hair dances around due to the wind. He looked genuinely happy to be here at this moment which made me even happier myself.

I found myself staring uncontrollably at him helplessly.

As if he had no other choice, he broke our gaze with a smirk and he looked back at the road before taking a left turn. "That button changes channels," he instructed while pointing at the radio machine.

I nodded my head and went to press it, listening to different soundtracks within every press. It took me a few minutes to pick and stick to a channel. And once I did, I leaned back and kicked my legs up on the headboard.

"I like this," I mumbled while listing to a track playing, soft pop. 

"Good choice," he commented rocking his head slightly while his fingers hit the steering wheel with the beat.

I let out a breath and turned my head to my right only looked out the window, feeling the warm wind hit my face forcefully.

It was way more peaceful than it looked like. I got to see buildings, trees and people walking down the sidewalk. Seeing more than four walls and the bright blue sky, send me at ease.

Along with the music, I heard motorbikes engines, cars honking, people calling others and most importantly my mind in complete silence. I was simply enjoying my surroundings. I never thought I'd enjoy so much noisiness.

I could also say that I never appreciated someone doing something to me so much before. Who knew that this trip was a way to escape the dark place my head lived in. 

For all I know, I couldn't stand living in the hell-hole any more second!

With everything yet nothing going around with me, I had no choice but to agree.