20| Murderer

M I A

M I A

I sat quietly in the enormous, loud cafeteria lounge staring at my dinner with my heart racing. My eyes kept looking left and right and almost locking eyesight with everyone I catch in my way.

You'd say I got used to it by now. But tonight, almost everyone in this academy dared to stare at me as I sit alone at the big table.

I had this strong feeling it was not about the incident that happened in class today and that somehow managed to spread around quickly, neither was it because of the fight that happened earlier today at the girls' locker-room. But because I was sitting at the trio's table.

I don't blame them though. After all, it is the forbidden table. 

Three faces I recognise from the fight passed by a few tables away. Unsurprisingly, all three of them shared the same glare which was sent directly at me. I dared to send them a smirk.

I bet if they would cross me again.

And speaking of the fight, I still couldn't believe the words that came out of Julia's mouth. She spoke only three words before she stormed away. And I was too shocked to demand further explanation. She was frustrated and emotional, I didn't want to upset her even more.

But still, I needed answers.

And that's the reason I sat here tonight. I don't care whether I make a scene or die.

I want an answer.

I looked around the cafeteria, waiting for the trio to show up and dodging more curious stares. Dinner had started 15 minutes ago and none of them showed a trace. Surely, it's going to end soon.

Minutes passed as I searched furthermore while my food got cold, though honestly, I wasn't hungry, to begin with.

Yet, that was when I caught a familiar brown-headed guy just sitting four tables away with a group of people, looking at me with confusion.

Ashton raised his eyebrows when I locked my gaze with his. Probably wondering what the hell I was doing. As a matter of fact, I don't even have a clue.

I gave him a small fake smile for assurances at which he nodded. As if saying he'd come for the rescue if anything happens. Not that I needed any.

So, I broke my gaze from him and looked down at my dinner. It definitely went cold. I don't know why I bothered getting some if I had no intentions of eating it. Just a waste of food.

Lazily, I took my soda can and went to open it. When I did, I took a sip and placed it back at the table. Yet that was when a hand grabbed it.

Out of now where three muscular figures dropped down on the seats and placed down their food trays before beginning to eat. You can imagine my heart was pounding down on the floor by now.