21| Put Some Ice

M I A

M I A

"You look stupid!" I burst out of laughter uncontrollably that I forced a hand over my mouth so that I wouldn't attract any attention.

He puffed. "I look smart!" he corrected with a geeky accent while he fixing the glasses up his nose bridge with his middle finger. I couldn't help but laugh and give him a glare.

"Here, try them."

Before I could say something, he took off the glasses and quickly threw them at me recklessly. I almost dropped them to the ground, but when I didn't, I sighed in relief while giving him a stare. "I'm not trying them on," I told him.

"C'mon! Don't be stubborn, just put them on," he ordered with an eye roll making me look down at them.

They're just glasses...

I let out a breath before I turned them around and wore them. However, that was when I felt my eyes about to burst out.

I quickly took them off. "Damn, are they blind?!" I exclaimed blinking rapidly. Thank god I don't wear glasses!

Ashton laughed shamelessly loud at me before he took the glasses back, only to place them on the back of the girl's head that sat in front of us. She was long asleep and laying her head on the table.

Yes, I was sharing my Biology class with Ashton, which was a blessing, to be honest. Unlike any of my other classes, biology was the most boring and quiet class I ever had. The teacher just keeps babbling until the bell rings while half of the students fall asleep. The other half distract themselves in any way possible.

I knew that if not for Ashton, this period would have lasted a year.

I learned that he can be cool and goofy. He was also easy to reach out to. The moment he saw I was having the same class, he insisted we sit next to each other and pass time joking around.

I didn't mind at all. In fact, this was exactly what I needed.

"It's not that bad," he insisted with a wide smile. I was about to argue with him when something caught my eyes.

"What's that on your temple?" I pointed at what looked like to be a big scar which was halfway hidden by his hair. 

"Oh, that?" he chuckled hiding it from total sight. "Just a scar from a car crash..."

At that, my eyes widened. Only then did I remember the list and that he's marked. So, I asked, "Car crash?"

"An incident."