27| Reading People

M I A

M I A

I got out of the bathroom with a towel in my hand to dry off my wet hair. I already got dressed when I finished showering and it was only a matter of minutes for my hair to fully dry before I head off.

I woke up a bit early for a Saturday morning. But it actually didn't matter because, by the time I finished tidying my room, folding my laundry and taking a shower, it passed 11 o'clock.

As if it's not obvious, meals get delayed on weekends. But, I'm pretty sure breakfast had already started. Although, I wasn't in a rush because then again, the cafeteria is going to be open all day till 9 p.m.

Once my hand got tired from the motion, I walked over to my table and hanged the towel on one of the chairs—letting my hair dry on its own. Yet suddenly, my door started knocking.

My eyes shot up towards it with a frown, wondering who might it be. So, I quickly walked up to it and slid it open.

"Rise and shine!" Julia popped on my face with her bright energy. I raised my eyebrows as she gets inside and makes herself welcomed. "Great! You're dressed."

"Hey, Julia." I gave her a warm smile. "You look happy today."

"It's Saturday!" she protested excitedly making me laugh.

"C'mon, we don't need to waste time. We have a lot of things to do." she then walked behind me and started pushing me towards the door. But before we could both get out, I turned around and stopped her.

"Actually, Julia, I can't go out today," I said at which she frowned.

"What?! Why?" she exclaimed.

Because I have other plans which involve Sebastian...

"Um... Because I'm sick..." I ended up blurting when I could find a better lie.

She raised her eyebrows. "You are?"

I nodded, going with it. "It's my time of the month..."

"So what?" she asked unconvinced. "It's the only day we get to go outside this hell hole!"

"Technically, we're still insid-" before I could finish, she gave a cold glare at which I shut up.

"Look, I'm just in a lot of pain!" I remarked. "I have this big headache and this nausea, not to mention the cramps. I can't get out."

"How come you're dressed then?"

Right...