12| Hopelessly Hopeful

S E B A S T I A N

S E B A S T I A N

"Prick, you say?" Luke asked with a serious expression as we walk down the halls, passing by people.

We were on the 8th floor. When the last period had ended, I waited outside the classroom to talk to Mia. I couldn't help it anymore, I was about to confront her about the whole thing. That, before that Julia girl took her away.

Imma need to keep an eye on her. Who knows what things she had filled Mia's head with...

You never trust a thief.

When I saw them walking away together, I asked the guys to wait for me in my dorm before went after them. I needed to talk to her. And when they finally separated, I saw Mia walking to Andrea's office. So I figured after that, she'd be heading to her dorm. A plan popped in my head. I waited by the elevator.

For what I didn't expect was how she turned against me! I knew Julia had something to do with it. Mia has been here for like a week and suddenly she acts like she knows everything. Bullshit.

For all I know, girls all around this place would kill for me to talk to them. Not intentionally wanting to sound cocky, but it's the truth. So, if Mia doesn't know who I am, she would've acted the same way.

That unless someone snitched on her ear...

I tried not to overthink it on my way to my dorm. Couldn't help but think that it's a good thing that I didn't confront her. Instead, I got a plan.

Let Julia tell her whatever she wants. But in the end, we'll see what Mia will choose to believe when she remembers who the hell I am!

And so, here we are on our way to the elevator with people annoyingly sending glances at us.

I nodded while rolling my eyes. "And an asshole," I told Luke as he hummed.

"Asshole?" Joshua raised his eyebrows with surprise. It was obvious he was trying to hide a laugh through his small smirk. But he chose to force a serious expression as we are still in the halls.

You shall never show people a smile they're not worth seeing.

"Yes, Josh!" I groaned annoyingly. "Now can you both shut up?"

We made a right turn and I hurried to be the first to reach the elevator when I heard both of them whispering behind my back. Tiredly, I pressed a button with my knuckle and waited for it to arrive.

Oh god, I'm not in the mood for today!

I tried to ignore the arrogant smirks Luke sent to a group of girls that stood a few feet away and the disapproval Josh gave him and sighed just as the doors to the elevator opened. Quickly, I entered and waited for both of them to do so.