13| Football

M I A

M I A

"Damn, you weren't kidding about the crowd." I breathed out in amazement as I look around the enormous field getting filled by over a thousand people.

"Duh! I never lie," she dumbfounded me with an eye roll as I snicker at her.
We had just arrived at the field by the bleacher's entrance, which means we're only standing at the top and looking down at the whole field. As if we're on the fourth floor and the field is on the ground one, I scanned the half-full bleacher's stadiums suddenly feeling excited.

So many unfamiliar people were clamouring and cheering. On the left side, I recognized a couple of people I share classes with taking seats. And on the right side, I recognized only the gender of the whole stadium. It was filled with boys.

"C'mon, we need to find seats before the game starts," Julia told me before holding my hand and pulling me towards the left side.

We hurried through people recklessly as she pushed a few of them away. Julia didn't seem to care and neither did the people she pushed, probably because they're both used to chaos.

Once we reached the bleachers to the left, Julia stopped and scanned for a place in front. "Oh! There!" she yelled pointing in a direction.

"Seats?" I asked checking it only for her to shake her head.

"No, snack guy," she said joyfully when she saw a man carrying a stand of many kinds of food. "I'll go bring us some. You find our seats."

Not waiting any other second, she quickly ran towards that man with her voice probably filling the whole field as she yells, "HEY, SNACK GUY!"

I chuckled embarrassingly as I see her pushing more people away and jumping over seats. Couldn't help but think that I've made a good choice picking a friend.

I sighed and looked away, to find some seats as Julia ordered, which was kinda hard because of the crowd that keeps coming and going. Yet luckily, after a few minutes of searching, I finally found two empty seats with good views.

I started walking in Julia style. But instead of pushing, I forced myself through tall people's arms and legs. Not proud of it but at least I got in time before anyone had taken them.

Grinning in victory, I went to claim my thrown not once feeling ashamed or humiliated but actually kinda mischievous. Yet little did I know, I suddenly got pushed aside as a group of people passed in front of me.

Surprised, I watched as many people sit down on the seats I surely got to before them. Needless to say, I got angry.

"These seats were mine!" I snapped at two members of the group who sat on the seats I found empty a few seconds ago.

One of them, a punk-looking girl, looked at up me with a smirk. "Is that so?" her voice came out husky and quite deeper than a normal girl's voice would be. It was obvious she was trying to sound scary.