16| List of Suspects

M I A

M I A

I groaned opening my eyes only to get blinded by the sunlight that broke through my window. I cursed under my breath wishing I closed its curtains before I have slept.

I shut my hurting eyes, turned around and gave it my back. But the room has already been brightened up, I apparently lost the ability to fall asleep again.

Not only because of the light but because my head suddenly started pounding for an unknown reason.

I groaned again out of annoyance, only grabbing a pillow nearby and crash it at my face. I held it firmly against my head, I was barely able to breathe. And when it made no effect to my headache─as if it would─I huffed, throwing back to its previous place.

I opened my eyes again and looked at the ceiling, after a few seconds of travelling through space. I don't know how or why, but I sure know that I hate these five seconds blackout...

After a little while, waiting for my body to wake up, I rolled to my side towards the nightstand and caught my alarm clock.

12:29 p.m., it reads. Already noon?!

I let out a breath before I reached out and opened the first drawer for a bottle of water, thinking it would help my headache. Little did I know, I found myself chugging the whole bottle.

I put the empty bottle away and decided to get up. Yet when I finally rolled myself off of the bed, I found myself laying on the floor.

I shivered when I felt the cold floor touching my bare arms. But when I let it be, I started stretching my whole body for satisfaction.

After that, I turned into my stomach and pushed myself off the floor into a sitting position. Only then did I notice that my hands had gotten dirty by the dusty floor.

I should mop the floor...

However, Not planning to grow old on the floor, I stood up and headed towards the bathroom. Couldn't help but sniff my armpits as I do.

Yep, I need a shower...

And pain killers...

20 minutes later.

When I got out of the shower, I quickly reached for my towel and started drying my body, only to wrap it around me afterwards. I also grabbed another towel for my hair.

I then walked towards the sink and grabbed my toothbrush. And once I was done brushing my teeth, I placed my toothbrush back at its place and got out. Yet little did I know, I was not alone in my dorm.

I stopped my track when I jumped startled, my heart almost jumping out of my chest. "You scared me." I breathed out surprised.

She laughed. "I'm getting pretty good at it." was her reply.