Chapter Thirteen: Famous Last Words

****STARK POV****

I was so mad. So mad at myself for not knowing the seller was Arix’s stupid father—although, I never did get a last name, so I have defense there. However, the thing that was infuriating me the most was the fact that after all these years, after all the things he did to her—he still wanted to kill her. If anything, she is the one who should want to kill him, but I’ll gladly do that for her; as she was crying hysterically, and shaking more than a chihuahua into the shoulder of Ms. May.

I silently alerted J.A.R.V.I.S through my awesome metal bracelet inventions and soon my suit is forming around me. The look on that guys face made me smirk—he was going to pay; pay for it all!

“What yeeew arrre the Ironmaan my daaaughters been datting?” I gasp at his harsh drunken words---how could he even dare to call Arix his daughter, after he called her a devil child; raped her, threw her out a window? How could he even dare to look at her without feeling a slight bit of guilt?

“And you’re the sad angry man that’s about to say his last words.” I say- beating myself up about my poor choice of wording. Still, he gave me a look; a look that specifically stated ‘hello, I’m drunk and stupid…so kill me now.’

“Uh. What?” He asked in a voice that confirmed his look.

“Never mind. Let’s have a…talk.” Arix looks up at me and I know that she is understanding of what’s about to happen. What she doesn’t know, is I’ve got back up—lots and lots of back up. I quickly phone S.H.I.E.L. D. and tell them who I need. I watch as the drunkard moseys around the front yard, trying to get to Arix.

I easily stand in front of him and he smiles at me, I didn’t know what he had hidden under that evil smile of his, but I did know that I couldn’t handle this hot rod alone. There was something he was hiding—I’d just have to wait and see what. While he continued to try to make his way to Arix, I waited for my assistance to arrive—and as soon as I was going to check in, they land in the yard one by one.

Black Widow, Hawk Eye, Captain America, Thor and with a thud of an entrance, The Hulk. I smile as we all assemble and the drunkard man stumbles back in a shock at the sight of our lovely ensemble. The workers, a little ways down the beach front looked at us in a similar state.

As I predicted, this drunkard had something hidden. He smiled, walked into the house, and came back out, but this time with some contraption. We gawk at him, as he pulls the trigger and nothing happens. We laugh and just as Hawk Eye is about to shoot an arrow we hear an awful noise.

Behind the children—arising from the ocean is an army. My eyes widen and I scream out with every bit of strength,

“Arix! Get everyone in the plane!!!!!” She wipes away her tears urgently and gathers the babies, moving them quickly first into the plane. Everyone follows her inside as the robotic looking army marches towards us. She suddenly burst back out of the plane, this time in her suit.

I quickly try to push her back into the plane but she doesn’t budge. I assume her eyes are pleading and so I let her come along. She whispers into the intercom system,