Chapter Twenty One: There's HOW MANY!?

****ARIX POV****

"You're WHAT!?" 

"Yeahh...I hadn't had my cycle in a few months, so I decided to check...and uh...yeah..." 

"But how can....we just had...and..." I scooch closer to him and kiss his cheek.

"It's okay, we can do this Starkie...besides by the time nine months is over, Demetri will already be a year or so, it will be okay."

"Arix...I don't know if I can do the daddy thing for two kids...I'm worried."

"Worried about what?"

"That....that I'm not good enough...that I won't meet their needs like I need to...of them growing up and leaving...all of it." 

"Well honey...YOU are good enough. YOU know exactly the right way to be a father, okay? Don't worry about them loving you. They WILL because you're the father. And most importantly. You're their daddy. That's something not everyone can say." I rub his back as he puts his head between his knees. 

"Okay..." He says with a sigh. and leans into me. "When's the first ultra sound?" He asks. I honestly didn't know how far along I was. I assumed about three months...I mean it's been so crazy...I barely knew what day it was. I barely knew a lot of things. 

"Um, well, I guess I'd better schedule one. I'm probably about three months along...depending on...y'know." He nods and I get on the phone quickly to schedule an appointment. 

****

I finish scheduling that, and they wanted me in tomorrow, so they could make sure everything was going as smoothly as possible. Sadly, before we knew it, Demetri was up and making noise. Stark went up to grab him and I stayed down to make lunch.

Demetri was a fast little boy. Already picking at finger foods, the doctor said that's the most prominant sign of GT. Hopefully, he continues to do well. I put little meat and cheese chunks on his plate, and chop up strawberries into tiny pieces. Boy did he love his strawberries. I fill his cup up with milk, screw the lid on and set it on his high chair.

Stark comes down with him, sets him in the chair and then sits down at the table as I bring him his sandwhich. I too sit down with mine and we eat, while Demetri babbles away. 

"So, Stark, if it's a girl...I was thinking like Ava...but if it's another boy...I'm not too sure, maybe like Scott?" He smiles,

"Ava's a beautiful name...I like Ellie too, it's pretty, and if it's a boy...Tony. Tony Junior." I laugh,

"Not going to happen honey."

"But why not! It's a perfectly fine name."

"Mhm. Sure." 

"Will we be able to figure out the gender tomorrow?" He asks,

"I'm not sure, I think it depends on what they can gather...I'm not familiar with doctory type things."

"Should we tell the crew?" He asks, I shrug,

"We could, but maybe let's wait until we're further along...it's kind of...embarassing."

"NO! It just simply means we love each other very much, and happen to be very fortunate to have active baby cells." I shake my head.

"If that's how you want to put it sweetheart, go right ahead. I hope we can figure out the gender tomorrow though...it would be nice to set up their room and get it painted so it doesn't smell like paint fumes before we bring them home." Stark nods in agreement.

We finish up our sandwhiches, and Demetri his little chunks of food, and we clean up. I do the dishes, Stark whipes the strawberry juice smothered across Demetri's face. We then sit in the living room, watching as Demetri shows us his different toys, facinated.

The day escapes us, before we knew it, it was time for Demetri to go to sleep, and for us...we we'd probably crash early too. I give Demetri a bath, and lay him in bed, he had a fun day, doing puzzles, running around and pointing to birds out the window. We were going to go outside, but it was to windy and we didn't need little Demetri to get sick. Stark and I take a lovely shower together, and then get in jammies and slept the night away.

************

****STARK POV****

We wake up and get ready in a hurry for Arix's appointment. Butterflies flew around in my stomach, I couldn't really comprehend our luck. I mean, most people try for months, even years, and nothing. We don't even try and poof BABY. I get Demetri in his carseat, and hand him a bag of cheerios. 

Arix comes down, in a maxi dress and we hop into the car. We decided to drive ourselves this time, being it wasn't an emergency and merely just a check up. Bubbling away in the back Demetri was trying to sing twinkle twinkle...but it came out more as:

"Winl Winl. Saaaaaaw. Wun wa....awwwwwwwwwwwe!" We clapped, 

"Yay Demetri! Good job buddy!" He laughed and laughed, repeating the same line over and over again. He was definatley GT. He had already said Momma and Dadda. He was doing good for about nine months...at least....I think he was. 

We arrived at the office and we got out of the car, Arix held Demetri as he danced in her hands, and I  walked next to them, opening the door and being all gentleman like. We checked in, and sat in the waiting room. People starred at us, for reasons...we didn't quite know. We did our best to ignore them, and before too long were called back to get the ultrasound. I held Demetri as Arix dressed into the gown and layed on the table. 

"Momma!" Demetri kept shouting. Pointing to Arix on the table who was intently watching the screen. I personally couldn't tell the difference between a baby and a line on those things, so I just kept Demetri intent with cherrios and peek-a-boo.

After Arix was dressed, the doctor pulled us both together, getting our undivided attention.

"So doc, do we know what the baby is yet?"

"Babies."

"WHAT?" Arix and I say in unison. 

"Stark family. Your having twins." I nearly drop Demetri. 

"T..T..What?" I say...feeling a bit woozy.

"That's right...there are two healthy little girls in there." The doctor says. I look over at Arix who is pale. I grasp her hand, which is doused in sweat. She looks at me.

"Stark. I...I can't do twins. I can't take care of three babies. I can't. I know Demetri will be over a year and I know you'll help, but I can't. I can't do this." I look deeply into her beautiful eyes,

"YES. YOU. CAN." I give her a smile. Demetri pointed at her stomach,

"Beebees." We all giggled,

"Yes Demetri, you're going to have two little sisters!" He smiles and patted my stomach.

"Beebee?" I shook my head,

"No buddy, mommy is having them, not me!" We all laughed again and proceeded to make our way out of the office. 

 ****

The car ride home was an interesting one. The entire ride, Demetri chanted...

"BEEBEES BEEBEES BEEBEES!" 

Not even a break.

We heard babies all the way home.

Thanks for the reminder son. 

Twin Girls.

A/N: SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. How'd ya like them apples? :D Um another short chapter, as I said the rest would be. The next chapter will be after the twins are born. Mainly because I'm really rather done with this story, and am excited about a new one (which won't be up until after November) I didn't edit this, so if you see any mistakes-NICELY tell me :) Hm, I'll fully introduce the girls names, where they stay and stuff...and the life with Demetri and the girls. I'm not too sure, I may end it at Chapter 22. Any suggestions welcome, BIG thanks to Fangtahwolf (hope I spelled that right) for helping me out! She gave me some great ideas! Be sure to check her out peeps :) Um just heads up. Y'all are gonna hate me the next chapter. Enjoy! Give feed back! And Vote if ya wish! THANKS! 

xoxoxoxo Llama OUT!