Chapter Five: Secluded To Bed

****ARIX POV****

"Stark..." I nudge him a little, but enough to put him in a panic. I press on his chest with my hand to try and calm him down. He smiles and embraces me tightly.

"Arix, you're okay!" I nod and smile....he had water marks on his cheeks that made him look as if he had been crying for hours. I caress his cheek softly in the cradle of my hand and smile,

"It's okay." He touches his hand to mine and his cold fingers peel my hand away. I let him hold my hand despite the chills it gave me. I lay still with his heavy breathing on my neck. I look at my arm to see a giant needle prodded into it. I let out a tiny squeal.

"What's wrong?!" Stark asks as I pull away from his grasp. I lightly touch the IV and he grabs my hand. "You need that Arix, don't take it out." I look at him with stubborn eyes,

"Get it out." He shakes his head and I let out a sigh...too tired to argue much longer. "Stark?" He looks at me and before he speaks I realize I am cuddled into him softly.

"Yes?"

"I can't get up can I?" He shakes his head lightly and I let out a moan of defeat.

"I'm sorry....but I will make sure to meet all your needs..." I shake my head,

"I have provided for myself way to long to let someone else provide for me any more than you already have Stark." He holds me tighter, I can hear the ring of his heart...it sounded nervous. He left my comment with silence and I easily drift off to sleep in his safety.

****STARK POV****

I cuddle her, I can't let her go...she is mine and I can't let anyone take her from me again. She is so innocent, yet her eyes have seen way too much. She has been torn apart-and who am I if I cannot stitch her back?

I leave my old sorrowful self and look at her deeply. I was her hero. THE only one. I suddenly realize my selfish thoughts and giggle, "Good 'ole Stark" I whisper to myself. I brush her red hair out of her closed eyes and look at her soft tan cheeks. A smile is plastered across her face and she breaths steadily.

I leave her there only for moments while I get up to call that doctor that had come the night before. The phone rings on the other end then-

"Hello this is Dr. Pollers office, Nancy speaking; how may I help you?" I smile remembering the first time I "learned" Arix's name.

"Hi, this is Tony Stark- can I speak to Dr. Poller a minute please?" I liked the sound of my sophisticated mannerism.

"Hold on one moment." Soft music plays in my ears and I wait for the sound of the doctors voice,

"Hello this is Dr. Poller how may I be of assistance?"

"Yes, this is Tony Stark- My....friend Arix was visited by you last night." I hear him chuckle which aggitates me some.

"Oh, YES! I remember! Is she alright?" I roll my eyes at his unprofessional manner,

"She seems to be doing great, but she refuses to be on bed rest for much longer...when can she get the IV and oxygen tubes removed and start walking and doing things?"

"I'll tell you what Mr. Stark, I'll come check her tomorrow morning and maybe she won't have to stay for as long as I originally said. Until then, keep her in bed unless she needs to use the restroom." I hang up with a quick thank you and head to her room.

"Good news sweetheart." She stretches at my whisper and smiles,

"What is it?" I smile and she sits up slightly...I walk to her bed side and explain,