Chapter Eighteen: Pregnancy Sucks

~3 MONTHS INTO PREGNANCY~

****STARKS POV****

“No, I don’t know yet Stark! Why are you asking me all these questions!? Does this shirt make me look fat?” Arix whines…I roll my eyes and look at the beautiful young lady in front of me,

“Arix. You look pregnant. Not fat. Not ugly. And you’re the one asking questions not me. Relax.” I say trying to sooth her. I get up from my chair and walk over to her, pressing her pregnant belly against my stomach. I look down to her and kiss her on the forehead. She snuggles up close to me…and I hold practically all of her weight as she whimpers into my chest. I bring her to lie on our bed.

“Stark…I didn’t think pregnancy was gonna be this bad…It hurts when I walk…it hurts when I talk…it hurts when I sit…or lay down…and my emotions are unbearable even for me. The worst part…is it’s only three months in….and I already hate it…” I give her a sympathetic smile and wipe her little tears away.

“Arix…I’m pretty sure every pregnant woman goes through this…especially you…I mean you aren’t ever going to be fully recovered from that fall…so carrying this extra weight is a little bit worse for you. Let’s just smile…and get ready for our check-up…we get to find out if it’s a boy or girl today! So smile!” She giggles and I hug her tightly, tightly enough to secure her but not as tight to suffocate her. She gets up and goes to change once again. I wait patiently while she changes to feel comfortable.

Sooner than later she came out with a flowing maternity dress…maternity skinny jeans- which if you ask me is quite backwards…and red high top converse…yup she was the hot mama in town. I loop arms with her and we proceed to the car. Being a soon to be father I figured it was time to get a car for the family. Don’t get me wrong it was still a Sexy Stark car…just more family friendly. We step out into the cool summer breeze. It felt nice. It was just the beginning of summer…so it was still a little bit breezy.

“Stark, we need to go swimming in the ocean one day soon…it’s so nice outside!”

“Of course we will darling…but first let’s go see what we’re having! DADDY’S ROOTIN’ FOR A BOY!” I say smiling. We get into the Red Hyundai Genesis Coupe and proceed to the rebuilt hospital. I focus on the road…while Arix breathes softly…almost sound asleep.

***

We pull up to the hospital and I softly wake Arix from her nap. She smiles, stretches then gets out of the car. I quickly join her at her side and lock hands with her. We go through the doors and wait after we sign in. We sit in the uncomfortable chairs…but the wait isn’t too long…we are soon back in the examine room thingy…where Arix is getting an ultra sound.

****ARIX POV****

“Oh that’s cold!” I say as they rub the icky jell on my bloated belly. The nurse smiles and I hold my hand out to Stark, who comes to my side to look at the black and white screen. I didn’t like machines…unfamiliar machines anyway…I hadn’t done this in a few weeks….so this kind of was a shock every time. I was nervous…I mean…after knowing the gender…we had to plan…get the baby’s room ready…buy stuff for the baby…and Uhg…what if I was a bad mother.

We wait…trying to be patient as the nurse moves this little device on my stomach. I can hear the heart beat of the baby…it was beautiful.

“Alright. Mr. and Mrs. Stark...you can wait while I process this…or you can have me email you the gender and the ultra sound pictures…the wait will be a while so I suggest the second option.” The nurse says politely. We nod, and Stark helps me dress back into my clothes.

****A FEW HOURS LATER****

“STARKIE! WE GOT THE EMAIL!!! COME HERE! HURRY! I WANT TO OPEN IT!” I scream waiting in the living room for Stark to come reveal the gender of our baby. My heart starts to race, and for the first time. It hit me. We were going to have a baby. Together. Forever. I was actually excited! I mean a mother! Who would have thought…the girl who got thrown around by her aggressive father…marry a famous super hero…and have a baby with him!

“Ready?” I breathe. He nods, and I click on the email. I look at the pictures…and under them, it read

“Congrats Stark family, on your new baby boy!”

“It’s a boy! It’s a boy! ARIX! IT’S A BOY!!!!!” I smile and hug him tightly.

“Yes my dear, we’re going to have a baby boy….what do you say we spread the word?” He nods and immediately gets in contact with all the avengers.

~~~~

I lay awake in bed, rubbing my tummy…which felt like a bolder just sitting on my stomach. It was only three months in and I was already ready to see my baby…and get the constant pressure relieved from my bladder. I look over at Tony, whose mouth was wide open and snoring. I run my fingers through his ruffled hair. He moves a little, and then stops and smiles a bit.

Night time was the best time to see the truth in the world. See it through different eyes. When the worlds asleep, and you just watch…all the harm seems to be taken away…it seems to be the perfect world. With people innocently dreaming, with my relatively new life I had acquired. With a baby in my tummy. I mean, the world just seems peaceful for a moment.

I gently get out from under the covers and slide out of the bed. I walk over to the window and look at the soft waves crashing against the shore…It was nice to know that our baby would have a natural playground when he was born. My mind whirled…just all the joy, was something I couldn’t quite piece together.

I now knew what my mother meant when she had said that your child shall always bring you a joy, but with that joy comes a choice. You can either abuse the joy, or you can embrace it; and I wanted to embrace it with every bone in my body.

I sit in the love seat next to the window and eventually drift off into a sleep.

~~

****STARKS POV****

A boy, I couldn’t believe it. Our whole life soon will revolve around this perfect little boy, and I would be a dad. A real dad. It was all falling together perfectly. I felt like the luckiest man in the world. Who am I kidding; I was the luckiest man in the world.

Days passed with a blur, we got our little boys room all set up, and even had his name painted on the wall in big blue font.

We gathered the avengers team at about month four to reveal our baby boys name.

It may seem like a small thing, but to everyone- it was a shock I had even settled down with a nice young lady, and much more of a surprise to see a father portrayed of me in just about five months.

“Lady and gentlemen! Arix and I are here to reveal the lovely name we have come up with for our new coming life form! Is everyone ready?” I say in a dramatic announcer voice.

“Wait! This may never happen again, let me get my camera out to video tape this!” Said Natasha. I let out a giggle and continue.

“As I was saying! We brought you all here to not only celebrate this new child we will soon bring to the earth, but to also announce his name- which Arix and I have come up with together! Is everyone ready?” I ask. Everyone nods and so we proceed in unison,

“The name of our baby boy will be……

Demetri.

A/N: Hello lovelies! SO I am sorry I haven’t written in like a billion years. My life is just on the go :P and its hard to fit writing in…sadly. I know you’re probably reading this and are disappointed. Honestly. Not my best chapter…but I need to get this story over with… I’m just not in the mood to write FF right now, so it’s kind of meh! Anyway! I am sorry if I disappointed y’all. I mean…I think it gets the point across…and DEMETRI is a really cool name. HUGE thanks to LoverOfTheMusic for helping me come up with names. If there’s any input you would like to add to this chapter please do! I’m always open for new ideas; just know that this story will be ending rather soon. Sorry everyone! Love you all! <3 Stay happy my little peaches!