Chapter One: Meeting My Alter Ego

I just need to make it to the edge of the city-then they can't get me, I've run for too long. Shouldn't they have figured it out by now?  I hear the wail of sirens becoming a closer threat to my very existance on this earth. I hit the hard asphalt, and run with the feeling of blood melting on the souls of my tattered feet. I make the mistake of looking back at the blurry car that blazing across the highway, coming to get me and bring me to what they call 'safety'.

Running, running..........

I am suddenly stopped by a tall figure, who is darkened by the sunset that is setting behing it. I bounce off of it while it seems remotely still. I shake my head in anger,

"Hey! Watch where you're going princess!" I dramatically look up at a huge 6'1" guy with an interesting black tuffle for hair and a perfect beard and mustache combination, holding a wine glass in between his fingers. His black hair slightly moved with the wind and his mustache was wrenched with disgust at our meeting. I pushed my curly red bangs from my face.

I shake my head and mumble a quick sorry and try to get around the person. He stopped me, putting his gruff hand on my shoulder. I try to wriggle free, but his grasp is strong.

"Whoa now princess, you don't run away from the Stark Master!" I look up at the arrogant eyes that stare down at me, who in the world was Stark? He acted so high and mighty, being on the streets and all I figured I would've heard about him by now. No matter who he was I really didn't care, the police were still coming and I needed an escape,

"Please sir, their coming!!!" I say pointing to the approaching police cars. His eyes narrow at my begging. I look at him with fear trembling through my very bones- afraid that I wouldn't escape this time. His eyes suddenly widen and he shoves me into a limo- which I really hoped to be his.

"DRIVER! Yes you! Wake up! Get this thing moving!" I look around, the police were ferociously speeding towards us. "Anytime now! The po po are on our you know what in the you know where!" I try to hold in my laughter as the driver jumps and pushes the gas...into the truck in front of us. The Stark guy face palms, "Why do I insist on getting myself into these situations! I thought 'don't play well with others' was a part of my resume." I roll my eyes-man this guy was conceded, and quite annoying.

"Pfffffft, that's an understatement!" I say looking at the shaken up driver.

"Whoaaah now sweetheart!" I gave him a wince of a smile, "You know...I could have just left you running." In some ways I kind of wished he had, I glare at him,

"But instead you decided to be a pedophile?" He grasped his glowing chest in fake hurt,

"I am no such thing!" I raise my eyebrows,

"Oh! So you just grabbed a seventeen year old off the side of the road and shoved her into your limo!?"

"Correction, YOU ran into me and THEN I shoved you into my limo!" I shake my head,

"Who are you anyway?" I ask even more creeped out than I was before,

"You honestly don't know who I am???" He asked in honest shock I shrugged,

"If I knew who you were, would I be asking?" I said sarcastically, he smiled a devilish smile,

"I am THE Tony Stark!" I looked at him puzzled oh big deal-his name which meant nothing to me,

"And?" He raised his eyebrows,

"Better known as Iron Man?" I knew that name, but now well-nor how 'Iron Man' looked.

"I see, well it's a pleasure to meet you...kind of....I guess" He smiled and left an awkward silence...I filled it with, "So where are you taking me Mr. Stark?" I asked as politely as I could-though sarcasm still rang in my voice.