Chapter 31

Betty POV

I made a sandwich for me and Jughead and then I grabbed a bottle out the fridge for Matthew I walked into the living room holding the two plates and the bottle under my arm. Jughead was still lay on the floor playing with Matthew.

"Here you go Jug." I said handing him the sandwich I then sat on the floor as well and then I put my plate on the floor I picked Matthew up and sat him on my leg and started to feed him with the bottle.

"Betts can I do that?" Jug said looking at me

"Sure if you want to." I said I handed him Matthew and the bottle and Jughead started to feed him and I ate my sandwich once Matthew was done Jughead started to eat his sandwich.

Once we were done I walked into the kitchen holding the plates and Matthew I put the plates in the sinks then I went and put Matthew in his crib in his room I walked back into the living room and saw Jughead had gotten into his wheelchair.

"Hey uh Betty?"

"Yes?"

"I need a bath could you run me one please?"

"Sure." I said I walked into the bathroom and started a bath for him. Once it was done I turned around and already saw Jughead sat in his wheelchair in the door way watching me I smiled at him and he came into the bathroom further I put the toilet lid down and sat on it as Jughead got right next to the bath tub.

"You want some help?" I asked.

"Nope. I got this for now." He said smiling he took all his clothes off and then transferred from his wheelchair into the bath and he clung to the sides he let go and started to slip and he clung tighter to the side.

"Uh Betts?"

"Yes." I said smiling.

"Can you uh....."

"Yeah." I said I took all my clothes of and climbed in behind him and I put my arms around his torso and he leaned back into me and I put my chin on his shoulder.

We sat there in silence for a little while when Jughead spoke.

"I wanted to let go you know. I wanted to go so all the pain would go away. But I wanted to stay more I promised you I would try and I really wanted to meet Matthew as well."

"I'm glad you stayed and I guarantee when Matthew is old enough to understand he'll be be glad you did as well."

"He's amazing."

"He reminds me of you."

"Really?"

"Yeah. He looks a lot like you he eats a lot and can sleep for hours and threw practically anything like you can."

"He's going to be smart like you."

"And he'll be brave like you."

"I'm not brave."

"You are to me."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Betty I uh have a cast fitting for my uh prosthetic legs tomorrow at 12 and I was wondering if you'd come with me. If you don't have to work." He said looking over his shoulder at me.

"Of course I'll come with you. I have maternity leave with Matthew till he's 9 months old anyway and Kevin said I can take as much time off as I need to stay with you. Also they have to close the shop for a week anyway because there's a crack in one of the foundations."

"Ok." He said and I leaned forward and kissed him softly then he looked back forward and leaned back into me. Then after a few minutes after sitting in silence Jughead scooted forward and held onto the sides of the bath and I in wrapped my arms from his torso then he held his breath and dunked himself under the water then came back up for air then ran a hand over his face getting rid of the water on his face.

"Betty?"

"Yeah?"

"Could you....uh can you wash my hair for me please."

"Sure." I said grabbing the shampoo and putting some in my hands then putting it on his hair. I washed his hair as he held onto the sides of the bath. I grabbed the jug from the side that I usually use for washing Matthew's hair with he doesn't have a lot but still use it. After I washed his hair i put the jug down and then Jughead moved back so he was leaning back into my chest and I wrapped my arms round his torso again.

"I'm pretty sure your supposed to be leaning back on you." He said chuckling

"I don't care I'm just happy your here."

"Me to Betts."

We sat in the bath for a little while talking and laughing till the water got cold and I climbed out and wrapped a towel round myself then I helped Jughead get out and sat him on the toilet (with the toilet lid down.) and I gave him the other towel.

"I'll get you some clothes." I said walking out with a towel wrapped around me I went into our bedroom and got him some shorts and a tshirt and clean boxers. I walked back into the bathroom and handed him the clothes.

"Do you want any help?"

"I think I'm ok. I'll shout if I need any help."

"Ok." I said leaning down and kissing him softly. I then walked into our bedroom and got changed into just a tshirt and some sweatpants I didn't have wet hair so I just tied it up in a messy bun. I walked out of the bedroom then I heard Matthew start to cry and I walked into his room and shut the door then I walked over to his crib and took him out and sat in the rocker chair next to his window and held Matthew in my arms and slightly rocked and tried to calm him down.

"Shshsh. It's ok Matty it's ok." I said rocking him but he didn't calm down so I stood up and walked to his changing table and changed him but he kept crying after a few minutes of trying to calm him I walked out and went into the kitchen and heated him up a bottle then walked into the living room and saw Jughead sat on the end couch with his wheelchair next to the couch. I sat on the other end of the couch and tried to feed Matthew but he just kept crying.

"Come on Matty. Your dippers clean your not tired and you won't eat come on."

"You want me to try?" Jughead said holding his arms out.

"Yeah sure." I said moving closer to him so I was sat next to Jughead and handed him Matthew and he seemed to calm down then I handed Jughead the bottle and Jughead started to feed Matthew.

"Looks like all he wanted was his dad." I said and I rested my head on his shoulder why he fed Matthew.