Chapter 9

Betty POV

We where all sat down at the dinning table in Jughead's parents house. Me and Jug on one side JB sat across from Jughead an empty chair across from me and Jughead's mom in one end and his dad on the other.

We where sat down and where eating when Jughead's mom said "so...Betty what do you do?"

"I work in my friends bookstore."

"Oh. That's interesting. Do you like to read?"

"Yes. I read a lot. I actually read books and recommend them to Kevin o get them in the shop."

"That sounds fun. Is Kevin your friend?" Fp asks

"Yes. One of my best friends along with Veronica who also works at the store. We've been friends since high school we all moved here together after Kevin's Grandmother died and gave him the store."

"Well at least you knew some people when you moved here."

"Yes at least you moved her for a REASON."she enforced the word reason and starred coldly at FP across the table.

"Gladys we moved here to to get away." Fp said with a sigh and like he had said it a million times

As I watched this happen Jughead placed his hand on my thigh and gave it a gentle squeeze I place my hand on top of his and intertwined our fingers so we where holding hands under the table on my thigh. I go back to eating there was awkward tensioning the room until JB spoke up.

"So Betty. If your not from Seattle where are you from?"

"Riverdale."

"Where's that?"

"Up near New York. It's a small town."

"Do you miss it. Riverdale?" Fp asked

"Some times. I kind of just miss Pop's."

"What's Pop's?"

"It's a dinner run by Pop Tate. He's really nice and me and my friends would always go there and hang out."

"That sounds lovely" Gladys said with a smile.

We talk a little more but I still felt some tension between Jugheads parents but I just tried to ignore it. When we had finished eating we sat and talked for a little bit until Jughead said "it's getting late and we need to get up for a flight tomorrow so we're going to go." He held my hand and lifted me up we thank his parents for the dinner and say bye to them and JB. We get into Jughead's car and drive to his apartment.