Chapter 48: The Fairy Tale Falls Apart

AN: So this is a mix of an old and new chapter. First half has been previously published, second half is what I changed and added.

Your votes/comments motivate me to write more, as it tells me that someone is still reading this story.

° °

The days that follow have been kind of torturous for Camila, which is ironic because it's her birthday next month and she is usually brimming with excitement and good vibes as she counts down to her favorite day. Instead, now she finds herself in a constant state of agitation, anticipation, and horniness. It's kind of a random mix of emotions, yes, but with Camila, it's not really unsurprising. And who else is the cause of her messy mood but Lauren fucking Jauregui?

Everything that Camila is experiencing is connected to Lauren nowadays. If Camila was a corpse in a crime scene, Lauren's DNA would have been all over her as if a dog has peed on its territory (not that she's into being peed on!).

In this very moment, she sulkily (and longingly) watches Lauren sitting beside Keana at the far end of the cafeteria table the gang is currently at (except for Ally, who is busy with some stuff she refuses to specify) whispering to her, while Shawn's voice is droning in the background.

Camila knows she should pay attention to Shawn, but she is too distracted by Lauren's face; the way she squints so adorably against the sunlight, her beautiful thick brows furrowed, her pupils constricting, turning her eyes into the greenest shade of green as if they're made of the purest emeralds this world has ever known; the little laugh lines on the sides of her mouth becoming more pronounced as she speaks animatedly, giggling in between her words, occasionally putting her tongue out like she's well aware she's cute whenever she does that; and the way she flips her hair every ten seconds, which Camila knows it's because Lauren is self-conscious when it comes to her hair.

Then she sees Lauren leaning close to Keana, who laughs (she has an annoying nasally laughter, Camila thinks) and puts her arm around Lauren's shoulder, and Camila wants to snatch that thin tattooed arm off its socket and throw it in the biodegradable bin.

They seem happy. Is this why Lauren never uses her passes anymore? She's finally found someone, and that she has no use for Camila?

She's aware she has no business thinking about those damn passes, okay? Fucking sue her.

She still feels it, though. There's this energy between them that's vibrating, electrifying, so strong that Camila could feel Lauren's hands all over her even when she's not touching her. It's still there, just as strong (probably even stronger) as it was when she first became aware of it. Even now, while both of them are chairs apart, sitting beside different people, Camila still feels it.

Something this intense couldn't be felt by just one person alone. Such intensity gets too strong one could literally feel their soul vibrate (that's why a person can feel a certain delightful shivering all over their body whenever they see their crush or their love -- it's a form of energy that couldn't be contained), radiating outwards, and whomever they're most connected with (mentally or emotionally) will feel it. That's why, even without words, even without looking at each other, two people could be so in sync, so attuned to each other's movements they don't need to look at each other to mirror each other. That's because their souls (or their wavelengths, if you will) are intertwined, it doesn't matter if they're two seats apart or on either side of the room or in different continents; their souls transcend the physical realm.