Chapter 43: I Tried Salmon!

AN: just an old chapter, nothing new. IDEK why I unpublished this lol.

--_--

The loud ringing of Camila's phone wakes her up from a very nice dream -- a dream that has vanished the second her eyes opened, but she can still vaguely recall there's something predominantly green in it.

Half her face still against her pillow while her hand searches for the offending item, she grumbles and groans when she sees that it's Dinah who's calling and it's not even lunchtime yet.

"This better be good, Dinah Jane," she threatens into the phone.

"What did you do to Lauren?" Dinah's loud accusing voice sounds like a megaphone straight to her eardrum.

"Huh?"

"Mani called me, she said Lauren's brother, Chris, called her up and said that he heard Lauren crying inside her room and she won't open the door."

"What happened?!" Camila sways out of balance when she gets out of bed, panicked and concerned.

"I don't know, you tell me!"

"Why do you assume I know shit!?"

"Mani said you're the only one who has hurt Lauren's feelings since her ex, so if she's crying now, that means you had something to do with it."

"Gee, thanks for the assumption that I don't need, you guys," Camila scoffs, a little bit hurt that her best friend can so easily think the worst, as if she didn't know her all her life. "And no, I had nothing to do with it. I haven't even seen or talked to her in weeks! Why don't you ask that Liana girl she's been hanging out with!?"

"Oh... Okay. I'm sorry for accusing you."

"It's fine. Maybe I deserved it."

"Well..." Dinah starts, but Camila cuts her off.

"Oh my god, you're supposed to be my bestfriend and you can't even pretend to disagree with what I said!"

"I want a gift from Santa this year, I don't wanna lie."

Camila rolls her eyes. "News flash, Santa isn't real!"

"How dare you! Take it back!"

"I don't have time for this. Can you ask Mani for Lauren's address? I'm gonna check in on her. I didn't even know she's back home. Last time I checked, she was in Amsterdam. With that annoying girl."

She hears Dinah chuckling and muttering, but Camila is still a little groggy to care about her babbling. She thinks she hears the word jelly and she figured that Dinah's making a sandwich or something. Whatever. After Dinah promises to text her Lauren's address in a few minutes, Camila hangs up and goes straight to her bathroom to take a quick shower.

Half an hour later, Camila finds herself chatting with her Uber driver about La La Land, almost starry-eyed at the sheer romanticism of this entire situation. The conversation starts when Camila tells him that he kinda looks like Ryan Gosling, then he mentions that he has watched the movie and cried like a baby because he has just recently broken up with his girlfriend of six years.