Chapter 50: The Talking Shot Glass

AN: again, this is a mix of old and new chapter. A totally different direction from what I did two years back.

•••

The view is spectacular, Dinah thinks, as she gazes at the rearview mirror to stare at her own reflection.

The sunlight bounces off her tan skin so perfectly, making her look like a glowing goddess descending from heaven ready to bless the awestruck mortals praying for her to save them; her curly hair as yellow as golden wheat; her lips as plump as a sumo wrestler's double chin; and her cheekbones, whew, she could write an entire chapter all about her gorgeous cheekbones.

She won't, though, because she sees Normani being dropped off by her chauffeur, and currently waving at her as she saunters gracefully from across the road.

Oh, that's another view deserving of my attention, Dinah muses, as she takes one last look of her beautiful face before focusing on her bff.

The second Normani gets inside the car, she scrunches up her nose, sniffs around like a high-maintenance show dog, and frowns as she says, "Dinah, your car smells like a wet dog covered in Cheetos!"

"Well, boohoo bitch, told ya we should use your car, you said mine will do just fine, and now your prissy ass has the nerve to whine?!"

"And I told you there's work being done on it," Normani scoffs, flipping her hair.

"So quit complaining and fasten your seatbelt."

"Bitch, what seatbelt?? This shit's broken. Might as well use a rope!"

"It's not, bitch, you just have to yank it hard!"

"As hard as I would yank your hair?"

"Try it, skank, and you'll wake up in another country!"

"And you'll wake up next to Jesus singing Hallelujah as the angels are about to drop your ass all the way to hell."

Dinah scowls.

Normani smirks.

Then they both lunge towards each other, two pairs of hands grabbing each other haphazardly, not caring that their perfect hair are now being pulled and smooshed and whatnot as long as they get to out-kiss each other.

When Normani slides across the shift to straddle Dinah, the world suddenly seems a lot brighter.

Hello!

Dinah blinks and her eyes refocus on Normani, who's still sitting on the passenger seat, staring at her like she's some lunatic.

"Hansen, what the fuck? Why are you smiling so creepily?" Normani stares at her suspiciously.

Oh.

Oh.

"N-nothing!" Dinah stammers, feeling her face warm up with shame. "Let's just go."

Her car grumbles like an old man with emphysema, but it manages to start and drive as smoothly as it can -- probably off a cliff as Dinah doesn't think she can endure another humiliating daydream such as this one.