― twenty seven.

SHOWCASE D-DAY

"is everything set?" mr jeon questioned the technician who was in charge of the lights and music for tonight.

"yep, everything's been double-checked for the show." the technician lied, a fake smile etched on his lips. of course he barely checked anything, it was the same show every year and nothing ever went wrong. what was the point in checking?

"perfect, i'll begin letting the audience in." mr jeon smiled, heading towards the school entrance. 

backstage, izumi was busy getting ready for the first stage she has. she was dressed in black high waisted shorts which had red slits on each side, and tucked in it was a white, oversized tee with the word 'ANOTHERYXXTH' written on it. her hair was pulled back into a high ponytail with a few loose strands to frame her face. 

she was getting her makeup done whilst monitoring their rehearsal

she was getting her makeup done whilst monitoring their rehearsal. izumi immediately noticed her mistakes, her eyebrows furrowing as she scrutinised her every movement. she made note to go over it again after she was finished with her makeup.

a sigh escaped her lips as she stared at her reflection. her makeup was completely light since she'd be sweating most of it off tonight anyway. just enough to cover her blemishes and make her look good for the photos that they'd be taking tonight.

the showcase was the biggest performance for the school, usually during their last term after exams were over. izumi had participated in the showcase every year, during her first few years, she was just a backup dancer for the bigger performances, but this year, her and the boys had the biggest spots in the showcase. she was just excited to be up on the stage, doing what she loved the most with the people she loved.