― sixteen.

two days had passed since felix's surgery. the young boy was still sound asleep in his bed, which was surprising since he was meant to wake up a day ago. the doctor's had ran some tests, but had only told izumi's father what was going on.

izumi had told the other boys briefly what had happened, leaving out the part where felix's mother had hit her. the police were currently investigating also, but felix's mother and the mystery man had disappeared  and so a search for the pair was currently ongoing.

"izumi, i think it's best that you go to school today." izumi's father suggested on the morning of the third day izumi had spent there. she only went home to shower and change clothes, but most of the time she'd be beside felix's bed, waiting for him to wake up.

"what if he wakes up today?" izumi questioned, playing with felix's fingers. "i don't want to leave him." she mumbled, pursing her lips. her father sighed, patting her back.

"i know sweetie, but staying cooped up in her three days straight is unhealthy. i'll pick you up at lunch time, so just go in for half the day, alright?" izumi sighed, knowing that her father was only looking out for her.

"okay." the young girl glanced at felix's peaceful face as he slept. she gave his hand one last squeeze before turning around and following her father out of the hospital room. it was still early in the morning since her father had gone home to take a shower and izumi had slept in felix's hospital room the whole night. she woke up at 6am, hoping that felix was up at least, but he was still sound asleep.

it took izumi an hour to go home, shower and get dressed before she was back on the road towards the school. "i'll see you at twelve." izumi waved goodbye to her father before shutting the car door.

entering the school grounds, the young girl pulled out her phone to see she had some time to kill before homeroom began. with a sigh, she tucked her phone away and lifted her gaze, only to realise that students were whispering and staring at her.

she frowned, avoiding all gazes as she only stared ahead, annoyed that so many people already knew of something so private.