― twenty two.

"hyunjin-ah!"  izumi ran over to the boy who was already out of the building. "where are you going?" she smiled up at him, looping her arm through his.

"home." he mumbled, pulling his arm out of her hold. izumi frowned, staring down at her arm. it was probably the first time that hyunjin had pushed her away. shaking it off, she caught up with the boy, walking beside him. "you live the other way." he pointed out with a sigh, stopping in his steps. "what is it that you want?" he questioned, turning over to izumi.

izumi shrugged, avoiding his eyes. "i just feel as if you're mad at me. i've kept a lot of things from you despite how long we've known each other and i just wanted to say that i'm sorry." hyunjin sighed, tucking his hands into his pockets.

"i'm not mad." he mumbled, staring down at her, but izumi kept her gaze on the floor. "just hurt." he added, izumi nodding her head in understanding. 

"i understand. i can't change the past, and all i can really say is that i'm sorry. i understand if you need space or time to think, but-"

"it's not just that izumi." hyunjin cut her off. izumi lifted her gaze, their eyes meeting, making izumi nervous. "i've liked you for the longest time." he confessed, clenching his hands into fists so he'd stop shaking.

"oh." izumi mumbled, unable to think of a smarter and more comforting response. she had no idea that hyunjin had those feelings, she didn't even understand those feelings herself.

"except, now that i've learned of the things you've kept from me, i don't know who i like anymore. do i like park izumi, or do i like the image that i have of park izumi?" hyunjin sighed, running a hand through his hair. "who am i even friends with? these kinds of thoughts keep running through my head." 

izumi nodded, unable to bring herself to say anything. he was right, izumi was full of regret for not sharing her feelings and secrets to her best friend in the first place. "especially this whole timer thing. that probably hurt the most." izumi pursed her lips, nodding her head.

"i'm sorry." she mumbled. hyunjin nodded, a sigh escaping his lips.