― five.

"noona, let me help you." the huge stack of books immediately halved as jeongin took them from izumi who was struggling to carry it all due to her path in front of her being blocked.

"oh god, that was so heavy, thanks innie." izumi sent a grateful smile towards the boy, the both of them walking towards the staff room which was unfortunately on the top floor of the school. it was usually the class president's job to bring the work books back to the staff room, however izumi's class president had broken their leg, so she kindly offered to take it for him instead.

"how come you're carrying all of these books?" jeongin questioned as they reached the last flight of stairs. 

"jisung broke his leg, so i offered to take the workbooks for him, but i never realised how difficult it was." izumi huffed, completely out of breath. yeah, she might be a dancer with great stamina, but there are too many stairs in the stupid school. "i think i'm gonna help him out when he gets better, i never realised how difficult it was to do this by yourself."

"aigoo, aren't you just so sweet, noona." jeongin jokingly cooed as the two of them reached the staff room.

"i know." izumi flicked her hair back to add effect, but her short hair didn't do much. jeongin burst out laughing at how stupid she looked as the girl rolled her eyes, sliding open the staff door with her foot. 

"excuse us." she mumbled, loud enough for the teachers to hear, but not to disturb them. her and jeongin walked over to mr jeon who was sat with his back facing them. the two of them sat the two piles of books on his desk, surprising mr jeon.

"oh! thank you for bringing these up, you two." mr jeon smiled as izumi and jeongin bowed their heads. 

"no problem, mr jeon." izumi gave him a bright smile, before the two of them exited the staff room. "are you going home now?" izumi questioned, looking up at jeongin. the boy shrugged, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"i don't really want to go home right now." jeongin mumbled, looking down at the ground.