― twenty six.

D-1 till the showcase

today was the dress rehearsal. felix and izumi had finished choreographing early in the morning and were just brushing up on a few bits right now. felix had also learned the hellevator dance the boys were doing together in a day with the help of minho. 

right now on the stage were jeongin, hyunjin, seungmin and izumi who were doing their sub unit piece that they had prepared for since the beginning, when they found out about the showcase.

"okay, that was good, are there any adjustments that you think you need?" mr jeon questioned, sat on the front row in the audience. the four of them shook their heads, panting for breath as mr jeon nodded his head. "next performance." the four bowed before running off stage. they were worn out since they had to adjust after each time, the lighting was too strong at one point and the timings were off too, luckily it was easily fixed and made the performance much better.

izumi ran a hand through her hair, walking down the steps and walking over to where the other boys were. "here." felix handed the girl a towel and a cold water bottle as she thanked him, unscrewing the lid before downing the cool liquid.

"when's hellevator?" hyunjin questioned, wiping off his sweat.

"it isn't till number 11, so we still have time till-"

"okay, good." hyunjin cut off changbin before walking off suddenly, taking the nine of them by surprise. 

"what's up with him?" jisung questioned, confused by his behaviour. izumi sighed, handing felix her bottle and towel.

"i'll go talk to him." she told them, before following after hyunjin. she exited the auditorium, glancing down both ends of the hallway only to find hyunjin walking down the left. she ran after him, calling out his name.

the boy sighed, stopping in his step. izumi stopped in front of him, panting for her breath as she was still tired from all the dancing. "do you hate me?" she questioned, she wasn't holding back anymore. this had to be sorted out and the only way to do that was to be upfront.