― twenty three.

"a duet?" izumi question mr jeon who held a clipboard in his hand. he was finalising the performances from the showcase and had requested izumi to do a duet with felix.

"i know it's sudden, but he didn't want to be by himself. i thought it would be best for you to pair up with him since you're good at making choreography." mr jeon explained, hoping that the young girl would agree.

"yeah, but one week is too short." izumi whined. she wanted to do it, but the end product wouldn't be to the best of her ability at all. izumi was 100% a perfectionist, she was definitely strict and was way too serious when it came to practice. however, at the end of the day, it was worth it because her dances would turn out the best.

"please izumi, you're the only student i can trust." izumi sighed, nodding her head. 

"fine, i'll do it." izumi reluctantly agreed, nodding her head. don't get her wrong, she was ecstatic to be working with felix and was already thinking of a choreography in mind, however time was her only problem in that moment. 

"okay, i'll add you in as the last performance so you have time to fully prep yourself." mr jeon smiled, before returning to his office. izumi sighed, taking a seat at her desk. it was early morning as usual and since mr jeon knew that she was usually sat in the classroom working, he had decided to ask her in that moment.

izumi pulled out her phone, beginning to look for music for their piece. she had always done hip hop pieces or just over the top, energetic pieces with the boys, so this time round she wanted to focus on something slower and more mellow.

she was stuck between choosing an english song or a korean song. izumi sighed, scrolling through her playlist, she didn't have much time which was even more pressurising. "what you up to?" seungmin's voice suddenly questioned, making the young girl jump in her seat.

turning around she found felix and seungmin stood behind her, seungmin taking a seat at his desk whilst felix leaned on the table next to izumi's. "picking the song for our duet." izumi answered, motioning to felix.

"duet? since when?" seungmin questioned.

"since this morning." izumi responded. "i mean, i'm fine with the duet, but we have such little time." izumi frowned, looking over at felix.

"well, i'm not the best at choreographing, but i have already chosen a song." felix explained, pulling out his phone. "say you won't let go, by james arthur. the lyrics are really pretty and i feel like it fits us well." felix shyly explained, his cheeks burning red as he played the song.

the three of them sat in silence as the song played. izumi focused on the lyrics, feeling her ears burn as she could feel felix's gaze fixed on her. the song came to an end, snapping the three of them out of their dazes.

"the second verse sounds perfect, and we should go for more of a mellow dance to fit the rhythm." izumi was beginning to feel the excitement. she loved making choreography and when she had the perfect song and the perfect idea, she couldn't stop.

"let's start second period today." izumi suggested, tucking her phone into her pocket. felix nodded in agreement.

-

"what are you doing sooji?" minah sighed, holding the ladder. sooji sighed in annoyance at the attitude minah was giving her.

"what did i say about speaking to me runt? only formal speech." 

"yes ma'am." minah frowned which sooji luckily didn't see as she was too busy unscrewing a few screws on the spotlights in the auditorium. "won't we get in trouble for this?" 

"it's fine. my dad's an engineer, and most of the time the technician doesn't realise these things." sooji smirked, climbing down the ladder. "thanks to my daddy's job, he trusts me enough to be in charge of it all." 

"isn't this going too far?" minah questioned reluctantly. she knew that asking such a question was stupid, but for her own insanity, she had to ask. the smirk was wiped off of sooji's face as she sighed in exasperation.

"just fucking follow me minah and i won't ruin you, okay?" minah pursed her lips nodding her head. sooji grinned, patting her head. "good lacky." she cooed before walking past the girl, bumping into her shoulder.

minah sighed, running a hand through her hair. "it's fine minah, you're still a good person. somewhere." the young girl shook her head, turning and following sooji out of the auditorium. before she exited, her eyes glanced back to the spotlights. 

"i'm sorry, izumi."