28. DRESSES, DRESSES AND MORE DRESSES

I chose an A-line dress with a satin bodice that had a lace overlay the skirt flared out from the waist hitting the girls at the knees in the front and mid-calf in the back.  It had sleeves that matched my dress that started off skimming the upper arms getting wider all the way down out of the lace material from the bodice.  Everyone loved the dresses.  It had taken us hours and me losing my temper a few times with Aunt Lisa to finally get the dresses that I wanted and everyone loved.  Aunt Lisa kept pulling out these skin-tight dresses that ended at about mid-thigh.  I finally had to tell her that none of the groomsmen would like the dress.  Then she said well maybe Noah will since you are getting one for yourself to wear after the wedding.  That is when Olivia spoke up "yeah, right if Flynn has his way he would dress her like the Amish.  High collar, shoulders covered sleeves all the way down to your wrists, not to mention the dress would hang like a sack of potatoes off of her all the way to the floor."  I shake my head "Olivia he is not that bad but he does prefer me to only leave the house in dresses that have the skirts that at least reach my knees. Also, that doesn't hug my body."  Afterward, we all went to the food court and I started telling Rachel that since we had taken pictures of us in the dresses that we should put Lee in hers and Noah in mine and do the card.  She was cackling so hard she spits soda across the table.  "You know they are going to kill us"  "Nah, they might not let us talk in private for a while but kill us never.  Plus they wouldn't last long if we forgo kissing them for a while"  Olivia shakes her head "I am such a bad influence on you two but I love it.  Hey, Rachel do one for me too for Tuppen I want to use it as my proposal to him." I notice everyone with us, as a matter of fact, everyone around us has stopped talking and are gaping plus I see people walking over to us from all around the food court.  That is when I look up and there are the three men that make us happy standing next to each other.  I nudge the girls and we all really look at the guys because they are each dressed as a superhero, Noah as Superman, Lee Batman and Tuppen as Mr. Incredible and next to Tuppen stood Duncan dressed as the Riddler.  Noah flips over a sign that reads Shelly let me be your Superman at..., then Lee flips over his sign and it reads Rachel Let me be your caped crusader at..., and last but not least Tuppen flips his sign and it reads Olivia we would be incredible at...then Duncan flips over his sign and all it reads is Prom?  All three of us yell "yes" and attack our guys. They each kiss us and beg us to let them go so they can go change.  I refuse until June has a shot of all of us together with the boys just holding their signs and of course one of each of us with our men.  After the pictures where done, we kiss them bye before they walk off.

After we get done I pull Lee aside where in the world did you change first an actual proposal now this.  Shelly, you don't realize you all were still in there for about two hours I made it home and back.  I giggled and said you three were awesome.  Of course, that meant the three of us headed back into the dress shop to find our Prom Dresses. We kept giggling about are men all being in tights.  Of course, we also talked about how we wish it had been just a bit more private.  That is when I decided to text Noah "If that costume is yours please keep it on till I get home...I think I want to have some fun with my Superman.  Especially since right now all I can think about is how those tights hugged him EVERYWHERE"  Noah texts me back "well I have things to do but if you text me when you are on your way I just might put it back on I would love to know what you have in mind.  I would also like to see you in your freshman skirt maybe this Superman can save you."   The girls look at me funny and I said: "just texting Noah about an idea I have for later."  Wiggling my eyebrows.  They both giggle and say wait I think I got it and like it, our turn and I wait while I guess they text their men something similar.  After they were done we start actively looking for our dresses that will fit the prom's theme.  This years theme was A Love Story.  So I found a light red dress that had spaghetti straps with a sweetheart neckline that skimmed my body down to my hips before flaring out to the floor.  Rachel found a pink dress that was strapless empire waist that flared out to the floor.  While Olivia picked out a scarlet mermaid dress that was strapless.  We went and found shoes that matched each of our dresses.  We, of course, told the boys the color of our dresses.