21. NOAH

The Dr. came in a few hours after  I came too.  He asked to speak to Mr. and Mrs. Flynn in the hall as not to upset me.  I looked up at him and started saying "No, no please no it should have been me.  I can't lose him.  He is my life."  I started hyperventilating and freaking out the Dr. came running over and grabs the oxygen off the wall and places it over my nose and mouth telling me to breathe in and out.  June speaks up "Dr. please you have to tell us together we are a family and as you can tell Elle will only make herself sick if she doesn't know.  Besides she is his fiancée."  The Dr. said ok "Mr. Flynn is in recovery and in stable condition.  He is a very lucky young man the bullet missed a major artery that would have caused him to bleed out in minutes.  Unfortunately, he is going to have to under go months of rehabilitation to bring his arm to full strength again.  I hate to ask this in front of Elle (I had begged him to call me Elle) but who is Shelly he keeps asking for her?"  June looks at the Dr. and smiles "oh, Dr. that is my son's special name for Elle.  See her legal name as you know is Rochelle"  the Dr. chuckles "oh, boy thank god I thought I was coming in here and I would destroy this young girls heart.  Well I will be heading out and Elle please get some sleep."  Everyone  laughs and tells me to get some sleep while they follow the Dr. out to get food since it is going to be a while before they bring Noah in.

An hour later they wheel Noah into my room.  He was a little groggy and the nurse that wheeled him in looked at me and said.  "he begged us to bring him here and the hospital administrator said to bring him here if you have a problem with it we can put him somewhere else?"  I laughed "No, I want him here.  He is my life and if it wasn't for him I might not be here right now"  The nurse looked at me and smiled before locking Noah's bed and leaving the room.  I laid there for a long time just staring at him before I finally drifted off to sleep.  I slowly start to wake up hearing someone calling my name "Shelly baby wake up please I need to see your eyes.  Shelly please I need to look into your eyes."  I turn and look at him and instantly start crying.  "Hey, don't do that I can't get up and you are making me want to hold you."  I get out of bed and walk over to him and sit on the edge of his.  He looks at me and sees my arm "Did I do that when I shoved Lee on top of you?"  "No, it was from a bullet after he shot you he shot me."  He reaches up and pulls me down next to him.  "Damn I didn't want you to get hurt but at least your still here with me I was so scared I was going to lose you."  I look at him "same here that is why I can't seem to stop crying.  I thought I lost you there.  I just clung to you if Tuppen hadn't picked me and brought me here I don't know what would have happened."  He looked at me "Tuppen?" "After your Uncle shot you and shot at me and Lee Tuppen and Duncan tackled him and held him down until the police got there."  He pulled me closer wincing from the pain.  "Thank god for Tuppen and Duncan looks like he really was determined to get to you.  Even if he took out his own nephews.  So, what is happening with him anyway?"  "Uhmm while in holding he took his own life he actually blamed everything on us."  "You better not believe that shit."  I smiled "Lee already talked me back from that road."  "I am glad my little bro did."  He took a deep breath "well, I feel bad for my mom I don't know how she is handling losing her brother I know I would have a hard time losing Lee but I can't say I am not sorry."  "For once Noah I have to agree.  As for your mom right now she is mad her brother blamed us."  "Well I definitely understand where she is coming from but I bet she is really hurting that her brother would let everything happen these last few months to people she loves."  I just nodded my head and snuggled into Noah's side drifting off to sleep again.