27. A SECOND PROPOSAL

Since Susan and Alex started going to school here, they have become really close to the group.  So, I had also asked Susan to be a bridesmaid.  I had also found out that Noah had Lee, Tuppen, his roommate Mark, Duncan, and of course Brad.  I was also going to use two of Noah's cousins Anne and Patty.  Patty was actually Brad's age so we were going to match them.   Anne and Patty came in for the bridesmaid dress fittings.  So, when we arrived at the shop I was surrounded by Rachel, Olivia, Susan, Anne, Patty, June and of course Patty and Anne's mom Lisa.  I had already chosen the colors for the girls I told Rachel she was going to be wearing Purple and the rest of the girls would be in royal blue.  Lisa looks at me and says "oh, no no no my Anne looks better in purple than blue so, she is wearing purple and that girl there can wear blue."  I look at her and say "well purple is for my maid of honor"  "exactly and since Anne and Noah are so close she should be your maid of honor."  I take a deep breath.  "Well, just like Noah was able to choose his best man I will be choosing the maid of honor and that is Rachel.  She is my best female friend."  "Well this is not something I will be discussing either Anne is the maid of honor or her and Patty are out."  I look her dead in the eye and say "then they are out."  I guess I can ask Sara and Julia from the soccer team but they are going to be annoyed they so hate wearing dresses."  Next thing I hear  "Well Noah darling you fiancée is selfish she is not taking how you would feel to heart.  She doesn't care that you really want Anne and Patty in your wedding."  I scream and say "FINE FINE I AM SO DONE"  I turn to walk off and at that point I hear June yell "ENOUGH...Lisa give me that phone now.  Noah, honey no, I will not let her leave I will take care of it.  I know honey I will make sure she knows...well it just your Aunt Lisa being herself and putting Anne before everybody...I will tell her as well...ok...love you too bye."  June walks up to me and says "Noah, said to remind you that he loves you and whatever you have decided for the bridesmaids is your decision.  He said he agrees that Rachel should be the maid of Honor like you two discussed.  He told me to remind you he can't lose you."  I look at her and smile "I am sorry June.  I know it is just I am stressing my dad said there is another letter from Harvard at home."  She looked at me and squealed.  I look at her "you silly girl the only reason you would be getting a second letter now is that a spot has opened you are off the wait list."  "June my dad can't afford Harvard."  "well we will cross that bridge we come to it. Now as for you Lisa Noah said if you are going to sit here and upset his fiancée then not only do your daughters not need to be in the wedding you all don't need to attend as well."  She looked at us and finally, Anne spoke up "Mom I really don't want to be maid of honor.  It belongs to Elle's best friend, not me." I started laughing as well as Olivia, Susan, Rachel and June I was holding my stomach because I was laughing so hard.  It took us a while to explain that Rachel was my best female friend that my best friend was actually Lee.  Rachel looked at me "Do you realize I can photoshop one of the dresses on him."  "Oh, hell yeah and photoshop Noah into a wedding dress."  Rachel looks at me "oh, you are wicked"  "I can do it better put them together on a card and we can pretend it is the save the date announcement."  Olivia and Susan hit the floor they were laughing so hard.  June looked at us and said "would you two please stop oh, my boys sure picked women that will keep them guessing for the rest of their lives.  They better watch out especially if you two put your heads together."  I look at Rachel and raise an eyebrow and ask "is there something I don't know that you and my twin are keeping from me Rachel....oh there is there is...yes...yes...yes.." Rachel looks at me and says "seriously he isn't even here and you can sense it."  "yep, because he is right behind you"  Rachel turns around and on his Knees is Lee with Tuppen and Duncan behind him holding a sign that says "Rachel Lewis will you marry Lee Flynn"  Rachel looks at me and asks "you won't be mad sharing the spotlight."  "just answer him damn it he is freaking out"  "yes, Lee oh yes."

SORRY GUYS I DID NOT INTEND FOR THIS CHAPTER TO GO THIS WAY.  IT WAS GOING TO BE THE AUNT BEING A PAIN THEN CHOOSING THE DRESS BUT AS I WAS WRITING IT NEXT THING I KNEW LEE WAS PROPOSING.  LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK