15. UNCLE TOM

When we get back to the house Uncle Tom is there.  He takes one look at me starts heading towards me with hatred in his eyes.  I guess he didn't see Noah, since he, was concentrating on me so hard because he lifted up his hand and right before he could hit me Noah has him pined up against the wall by his shirt.  "I don't care if your my Uncle because your my mom's brother just to let you know if you ever lay a hand on her or attempt to I will put you in the hospital."  I call for June then place my hand on his arm "Noah, look at me, Noah, look at me, Noah please look at me I'm right here I'm o.k. you stopped him he didn't touch me.  Noah, I need you." All of a sudden he let's go and wraps his arms around me.  I can feel his body start to shudder so I grab his hand and lead him into the game room I see Lee and Rachel in there I lock eye's with Lee and he smiles at me and nods his head. "Hey Rach let's go sit by the pool I really don't want to watch them make goo-goo eyes at each other"  the two of them get up to leave I mouth thank-you to Lee as he closes the door behind him.  As the sound of the closing door reverberates in the now quiet room Noah drops to his Knees wraps his arms around my waist burring his face and starts to cry.  "I hate that I have family that tried to hurt you.  You're going to be my wife, the mother of my children and I am having a hard time keeping you safe from them"  I lift his head to look into his beautiful face and say "Noah, you are forgetting one thing.  They didn't hurt me they tried to, but didn't succeed they failed and why did they fail, because of you, my love, my savior, my protector.  You pulled your cousin off of me before anything happened, you stopped your Uncle from hitting me.  You are succeeding.  I don't blame you or anyone in your family for this.  Your cousin is sick, he's troubled he needs to face up to actions both here and back home.  Your Uncle is trying to protect his son he is trying to come to terms with his failures in raising that son.  He is also having to deal with knowing his sister chose me, chose us over her own nephew.  This is all on them not on us."  He smiles and slowly stands up leading me to the couch and pulling me into his lap as he sits down.  I lean over grab a tissue from the side table and hand it to him.

I don't know how long we were sitting there before I hear Lee come in "the police are here Uncle Tom called them on Noah so you two need to come out and make a statement they already saw the video footage."  We look at each other shake our heads and get up.  The police question us and tell us "thank you for your cooperation no charges will be filled it is clear you were defending this young lady.  You are a good man Mr. Flynn."  June comes rushing over and hugs Noah then me.  "I am so sorry you two we called you back because he said he wanted to apologize to you guys before he left after picking up Blake's things we didn't think he would be waiting by the door to attack you.  Shelly, you are to go to your all's room.  The door is fixed make sure you lock both doors don't let anyone in that does not live under this roof with the exception of Rachel.  This is only until Tom finishes getting Blakes's things together.  Mathew is taking him to a hotel he can't stay here not with you here Shelly and you are family.  You're my future daughter-in-law and I won't let them hurt you again.  Now get."

Noah followed me to the room and we locked ourselves in.  We were laying in each other's arms when there was a knock on the door.  I hear Lee asking to come in I go to stand and Noah grabs me and pulls me back down.  "I don't think so Shelly until mom says that he is out of this house I will answer the door.  I can't trust him to not be hiding close by knock Lee out of the way to get to you."  He goes over opens the door and Lee asks "can we come in bro I need to see my twin."  Noah steps aside and they slip in.  As soon as Lee is in the room he sprints over to me and jumps on the bed wrapping his arms around me.  I hear the click of the door just as he says "I never thought I would see the day I would want to kill one of my own relatives where I would want to disrespect one of my family members.  I can't believe he tried to hit you like that.  Thank-you bro for protecting my twin/our Shelly"  Rachel says "hmm Elle you ok."  I look at her and say "oh come here you silly goose and pull her into the hug Lee and I are sharing about the time that Lee pulls Noah in as well.  We all were there in this big group hug and I guess we were not paying attention because the next thing I know we were all on the floor laughing so hard tears were streaming down our faces.