20. THE ARCADE

Once I finished getting dressed I headed downstairs.  Just as I reach the back step Lee looks up and says "really is there nothing you two won't do."  I shake my head and say "just you wait if you and Rachel end up at different schools across the country from each other there is nothing you won't do for her."

He pushes me and says "ahh, shut up"    we climb into his car and head to the arcade.  We head to the Dance Revolution machine and start up our song Be Together.  We stayed playing for a few hours. While Lee was getting us some burgers, fries and orange soda I sat down at a booth. All of a sudden I get a text message from Noah.

Noah:  Please come home now

Me:  Why?  Wait are you here?

Noah: Not now Shelly.  As for why I am worried there is a complication.

I glance at Lee and he is talking to Rachel.

Me:  Lee is not going to want to leave yet Rachel just got here.

Noah:  Fine then I am coming to get you.  I need you with me I will explain everything later.

Me:  wait what?  So you are here.  Where were you since you weren't home?

Before Noah could respond standing next to the table is Rachel.  "Hey, Rachel."  "HI, Elle I hope you don't mind me crashing your bestie day.  I saw Lee when I was walking by and thought I come in and say hi and he insisted I stay." "Nah, Rachel maybe it is a good thing.  Noah is being all overprotective of me and wants me home he said something is up and is coming to get me.  I didn't even know he was here."  Lee rolled his eyes "what he's here?"  " Yep and he is coming to get me."  "He needs to get over it and just let us have some fun."  "I understand Lee but I think he is still upset about your cousin and uncle he is not going to relax anytime soon."

Noah:   I'm outside have Lee walk you out.

Me:  Whatever I am on my way.

Lee's phone goes off he glances at his phone and says  "oh, shit Rachel wait here I am going to walk Shells out Noah is waiting."  "seriously I am fine you stay here with Rachel."  "Don't even try Noah has a good reason now let's go"  Lee counters.  As the two of us walk out Lee puts his hands on my waist and walks us out.  He keeps pausing and glancing around before we get out.  I tease him "what are you some super spy and think there is someone hiding around every corner."  "Shelly this isn't funny."  When we get outside Noah is standing by his bike glancing around.  "Why are you two behaving like idiots."  From behind us I hear "it's all your fault bitch if you had just let him have you my son would still be alive."  Next thing I know I am on the ground with Lee on top of me.  As gunfire sounds above us.  I look around and I see Noah on the ground with blood spreading across his shoulder and laying on the ground being held down by Tuppen and Duncan is Uncle Tom.  I scream "NOAH, NO!"  I push Lee off of me and run to Noah.  I press my hands over the wound and begging him "Please Noah no, you can't leave me I can't live without you."  He reaches up and says "I will always love you my sweet Shelly." His hand goes limp and falls to the ground about this time the ambulance and police finally arrive and as the paramedics are loading Noah into the ambulance the policemen are putting Uncle Tom into the squad car.  I feel two hands grab me I look up into Tuppens  eye's and say "it's my fault Noah was shot he was after me." I collapse to the ground "come on Evans we need to get you checked out I think you have a graze wound."  "Where's Lee?"  "He is with Rachel I got you. I promised Flynn I would take care of you and I intend to do that now."

I guess at some point I passed out because when I woke up I was in the hospital.  With the Flynn's, my dad and brother around me.  I look up at Lee what happened. He looks at me "Noah is in surgery right now we are waiting for an update.  As for what happened.  Uncle Tom was released on his recognizes and decided to come to get you.  My Aunt called and warned us that he blamed you for Blake's death.  So, he was going to take your life.  Noah had come home early and was at a hotel nearby to surprise you mom wanted him to wait till after school tomorrow.  When mom told him about Uncle Tom, Noah decided to come and pick you up so we could get you home safe but I guess he was already there and waiting for us to come out of the arcade. Since we had just made it to the bike when he yelled out.  As I was getting ready to take you down Noah pushed me hard and we went down.  Uncle Tom shot Noah and then shot at us.  Tuppen and Duncan tackled him from behind got the gun away and held him down until the police got there.  While Noah was being taken away in an ambulance you were screaming and that is when Tuppen noticed you wound turns out when he shot at us after shooting Noah you were hit.  Luckily the bullet hit your arm."  Tears start streaming down my face.  "I can't lose him, you guys.  He shouldn't have tried to stop it." June get's up and tells me "do you think he could have lived with knowing his Uncle shot you and took you from him. Do not do this to yourself."  While she was holding me and rocking me we hear someone clear there throat at the door.  It was a police officer "Mrs. Flynn can I speak with you alone?"  "Please just tell me we are all family and I don't want to leave Elle while my son is in surgery."  The officer clears his throat "I am sorry.  I regret to inform you while in processing your brother took his own life.  We thought he was writing a confession but it was a note saying if my nephew had given that slut to my son we would both still be here.  This is all their fault.  My condolences."  The looks on my dad, Mathew and Lee's faces was scary.  Mathew growled "how could he blame our kids.  I can't believe he felt his son had a right to rape our daughter."  My dad looked at Mathew "we know that one Noah will never let go of her and two he proved he would never let her get taken advantage of when he beat up that Warren kid and almost beat up Blake."  I looked around and Lee was instantly by my side "stop Twin.  Letting him have his way with you would not have prevented them from dying.  One Blake would have moved on after you and might have rapped another girl.  Eventually he would have been caught.  He still would have bragged including how he stole his cousin's fiancee and would have met the same fate.  As for Uncle Tom he still would blame any girl that pressed charges and tried to take them out.  That girl might not have been lucky enough to have someone like Noah willing to die for them.  Uncle Tom still would have been arrested and still kill himself.  You were not the reason for what happened."  I watch everyone and see them nodding.  June pulled me into a hug "my brother was so caught up in his career he didn't care who was hurt while he climbed up.  He could have stopped all of this the first time Blake was arrested but instead he swept it under the rug.  We don't blame you."  I hugged her tighter "thank you."  "no problem sweetie."