6 DUNCAN'S PARTY OR NOT

I had sent pictures of me in the new outfits to Noah since June helped me take them at the store.  The only ones I took on my own were the bathing suit ones.  It was way too creepy to ask her to help me with those.  Although now between his roommate seeing me in my bikini and a few of the guys on the Harvard football team seeing me in my one pieces Noah was not sure about me moving to Boston.  They keep teasing him about how lucky he is and if we break up to give me their number.
Well, I put on one of the new dresses June and I picked up for Duncan's party. Even though it was a school night we were being allowed to go because it was the first party if our Senior year plus we were still getting to know our teachers and turning in paperwork the state makes the school give us. After I finished my hair and makeup I stepped out of our room I had Lee send Noah a picture since he was waiting for me next to the door.  How funny I started calling Noah's room our room.
I guess Blake thought Mathew was kidding.  Since when Lee and I went out to the car he was sitting in the back seat.  He looked at us and yelled "PARTY" Lee and I looked at each other and Lee said "No can do cuz my dad said you can't go"  Blake said "come on cuz who cares" before we could answer we hear Mathew say "Blake you are not going now get out." He looked at us and said "you goody two shoes spoil all my fun.  Your loss Shelly is it, I was going to kiss you tonight."    I couldn't help myself I had already told him no one calls me that but Noah and Lee so I walked up to Blake and said "Do you realize how much I hate you right now? I already told you DO NOT CALL ME THAT"  then I slapped him.  The look in Mathew's eyes broke my heart.  I ran upstairs and threw myself across Noah's bed after locking the door and cried.  I  started to feel so dead, by now Lee would have crawled in next to me and he would have just wrapped his arms around me till I cried myself out.  "AHHH" I screamed "I HATE THESE STUPID RULES"  All of a sudden there is a knock on the door and I hear June say "can I come in"  I get up and unlock the door to let her in and threw myself back across the bed.  She sat down and brushed my hair off my face and said "I know sweety.  I know.  This is killing me too.  You and Lee have always been so close, just like two peas in a pod or twins like you like to call yourselves but we can't have anyone thinking your relationship is more than platonic your relationship with Noah depends on it.  I know he trusts you two with all his heart but if people tell you something time and again you start to believe it.  Thinking his brother and the woman he loves are having an affair would destroy him it would destroy you all.  Ok"  I look up at her and I say "I understand June we all do it is just after disappointing Mathew like I did I just need a hug from my twin and I remembered how Lee would...."  she just strokes my hair and says "I know, I know"  she pulls me up tells me to go blow your nose and splash some water on your  face then get downstairs Mathew wants to speak with you."  I just nod and go into the bathroom.
Once downstairs I look at Mathew and apologized for my behavior he told me he understood but to never do that again.  He also said that since I hadn't gone to him and June like I said I would I wasn't allowed at the party either.  I was ok with that surprisingly  Lee gave me a hug and said he would stay in as well since his twin was punished so was he.  I just laughed and told him to go and be with Rachel.
I had just finished getting out of the shower so I had my hair wrapped in a towel and a towel wrapped around me.  When my Skype went off.  I looked at it saw it was Noah and that he looked upset but that he was not alone so I typed him a message saying "A little unpresentable right now give me a few."  I quickly got dressed brushed out my hair and skyped Noah back when he answered he still looked upset actually more so.

Noah:  Why didn't you pick up?

Me: You have company

At this point, I could feel the water dripping down my back so I grabbed the towel and started drying my hair again.

Noah:  What does that...are you drying your hair

Me:  Yes, I just got out of the shower...Noah, please tell me you didn't think I would betray you.

Noah:  Elle I am sorry baby

Tears start to fall from my eyes as I think he believes I betrayed him.

Noah:  Damn it to hell Shelly, please.

I hang my head letting my hair fall around my face.

Noah:  Shelly baby please look at me Shelly I need to see your face, please

Me:  I can't right now Noah I love you bye

I reach up and close the computer I don't know how long I was lying across the bed crying when I heard a knock on my door.  I walked over and opened it a crack and said: "I can't right now June please understand the one person I need can't be here."  Then I hear Rachel say "No, wait I spoke to Mrs. Flynn she said if you don't mind Lee can come in if I am in the room but the door has to stay opened." I opened the door Lee came in and wrapped his arms around me while I was hugging Lee I heard Rachel say "I will stand right here on guard say whatever you want I am like a steel trap.  If anyone comes I will let you know."  I thanked her and clung to Lee crying.  He walked me over to the bed and we climbed in and I rested my head against his chest.  "Ok, Shelly come on tell me."  "Why Lee why would he think I was betraying him. I saw he had company after the last time I answered wearing just a bikini and someone else saw me he was upset.  So, I knew he would hate it if  they saw me in just a towel."  "Oh, Shelly it's because he doesn't think he's good enough for you.  You were and still are sweet, caring, kind and loving to a fault.  He still can't believe you love him.  Has he told you how long he has loved you."  I shake my head no "He fell in love with you the day you first looked up at him grinned and started sing songing his name.  He told me he told your mother that day he planned on marrying you."  I look up at him hug him tight gave him a quick peck on the check.   He stood up walked to the door and said: "now call the douche, he is freaking out. You know Shelly you two are perfect for each other I am glad I gave in on Rule #9."  I smile at him and I tell them both thank you.