18. CLOSURE

Noah and I retreated to our room.  After closing the door I wrapped my arms around him and said "I never wanted for this to happen.  I believe he should have paid for his actions but not like this.  Are you ok?" looking down at me he said "I am a little upset that he is gone but I don't feel sorry for what happened.   All I keep seeing in my head when I think of him is, you trying to fight him off.  You don't understand how scared I was coming home to surprise you happy excited than to hear you screaming for help my heart felt like it was going beat right out of my chest.  Then to see him on top of you.  Shelly if Lee hadn't told me you needed me I would have killed him myself."  He dropped to his knees and wrapped his arms around me pulling me in close.  "hey, it's ok you got here just in time like always.  You are my knight in shining armor"

Several days after Noah went back to school we found out that Uncle Tom was brought up on charges of conspiracy and hindering a police investigation.  Mathew had finally convinced June that none of the events that accord were her fault so life slowly got back to normal at the Flynn household.  Unfortunately, everything that Blake and his father did make the papers since we found out the real reason behind Blake being sent away was Uncle Tom was going to be put in charge of an elite federal task force so for quite a while people were always asking me how I was doing.  Even though my name wasn't in the papers the fact the papers printed that he was apprehended attacking a house guest at his Aunt and Uncle's home everyone knew it was me.  

"NO...STOP...NOAH HELP!!!!!"  "Shell's wake up it's Lee Blake's not here...Shell's wake up"  I look around the room and into Lee's eyes he had crawled into bed with me.  I just moved closer to him and put my head on his chest.  Did you have another one" "yeah, hell ever since that article came out I started having them."  "does Noah know" "no and you can't tell him it will only worry him"  "Well I am at least telling my parents.  We need to get you some help Shells"   "not yet please Lee"  "fine but I am not keeping quiet much longer".

The next morning at school Tuppen came up from behind me and said "Hey Evans..." I turned around and hit Tuppen right in the nose.  "oh, Tuppen I am so sorry you scared me"  "Man Evans now that is twice I have a broken nose because of you."  "Tuppen I really am sorry"  "It's O.k. I shouldn't have scared you like that I am off to the nurse"  Lee grabbed me and pulled me aside "Elle I am telling them TODAY.  If you are getting that jumpy we have to do something"  "OK fine you win.  We will tell them after school"  The rest of the day went pretty fast.  Duncan thought he was really funny when I got to my second-period class and decided to yell "look it's Lady Flynn"  everyone started laughing.  So, for the rest of the day, I was greeted as Lady Flynn especially in front of poor Tuppen.

When we pulled in to the driveway we noticed a strange car parked.  We looked at each other and shrugged.  As we walked in June yelled from the game room can you two come in here.  
We walk in and there is this young woman sitting on the couch with June.  "Kids sit down, please.  I want to introduce you to Dr.  Samantha Martínez she specializes in victims of assault."  I look at Lee "Lee Rule #2 seriously"  June puts her hand on my shoulder "Elle Lee didn't say anything.  Don't forget the surveillance cameras.  Every time you kids open the bedroom doors it starts recording.  Mathew noticed that it has been recording quite a lot.  He also noticed that Lee's camera would activate then Noah's shortly after.  When he watched the video he would see Lee go from his room to yours and not come out till morning.  We got worried because in the video Lee looked worried as well.  So, last night we set up a tape recorder and after what we heard I called Dr. Martínez.  You really need to talk to someone."  "OK but please don't tell Noah not yet he needs to stay at school."  June looked at me and sighed "fine for now but you need to tell him.  Come on Lee let's leave these two alone"

Dr. Martinez and I talked for quite a while and we decided that once a week she would come over for a session.  She also explained that it could take a while and encouraged me to tell Noah about my night terrors.   I wasn't so sure about that but I said I would try.  After my session, we all went out to dinner and talked about how I can't expect Lee to keep all my secrets especially if they are hurting me.  That to ask him to hide the fact that I need help was wrong of me because he was worried about me and that we are no longer kids and maybe we should review our rules. So, now Rule  #2 is always keep your best friends secret except when they are in trouble.

I was dressed and  ready for bed and a little nervous about going to sleep when all of a sudden my skype rings I look at the screen and there is the most gorgeous person alive I answer it and say "Hey Noah I miss you"  "Hey Shelly I miss you too"  we talked for hours I guess we were both so tired that we fell asleep.  "NO...STOP...NOAH HELP!!!!!"  "Shells wake up it's me Lee...your ok your safe...Blake's not here...wake up Shells"  "Lee" "yes, I'm right here your ok."  I cuddle closer again.  "What the hell Lee" Noah yells "How the fuck long has this shit been going on"  "ever since that stupid article came out"  "and you all didn't bother to tell me about it" "keep your voice down she doesn't always wake up it just stops the dreams as for telling you she begged me not to."  "I'm awake you two please stop fighting can't have my twin and fiancée fighting"  "she didn't want you to leave school for this.  Don't worry mom and dad found out and we are getting her help she started seeing a counselor today" all of a sudden I see and hear mark "hey dude is everything ok ouch, who's that with your girl"  "yeah, sorry we both fell asleep on skype and she had a nightmare.  Looks like they started happening after that stupid article as for the guy that is my lil' bro he is also her best friend he walked in to calm her down."  "ah, ok Elle I hope you feel better, stay strong sweety, we are all here for you"  "thanks, Mark.  Noah, I am sorry please go back to sleep."  "I am coming home" "no you are not this is why I didn't want to tell you" "I can't handle if-if you are having nightmares and I am not there for you"  Lee says looks it's late how about this from now on you two fall asleep on Skype that way Noah can be here without being here"  "Noah I like that, what about you"  "fine Shelly but if this doesn't help I am coming home."