17. CELEBRATION/DISAPPOINTMENT

Cheers rose all around us.  All of our friends came up and hugged us both.  I had several girls tell me they hated me, Olivia shakes her head at them  "Elle don't let them get you down" she glances at them and yells "THERE JUST JEALOUS BECAUSE THEY ARE TO SKANKY FOR ANY GUY TO WANT THEM."  I start laughing and Noah just shakes his head Olivia turns back to us and says "congratulations you two.  Oh, and Flynn don't hurt her or I will remove an appendage I think your found of."  I couldn't help but laugh at her as she walked away. Everyone was stunned that we had been engaged for a little over a month in secret. Of course, Duncan had to tease us that we were starting our engagement like we did our relationship and wondered if we were secretly married. We assured him we weren't and that the only reason the engagement was a secret we wanted to be together for the announcement.  After the last of our friends congratulated us we started dancing and playing games for the rest of the night.  At one point we ended up with Olivia, Tuppen, and Duncan talking and laughing.  I glanced across the way and saw the pool table and grinned while looking at Duncan who didn't notice.  Noah looked at me and whispered in my ear "Shelly what are you up to" I grinned and yelled "Hey Duncan still want to go skinny dipping" and I wiggle my eyebrows at him.  He looks up smiles and says "ahh"    taking look at Noah who is scowling at him and has grabbed me and pulled me up against him.  "nopesorrynotinterested" and took off in the other direction.  We all started laughing.  Tuppen looked at me and shook his head "Damn Evans you are bad I thought poor Duncan was going to mess himself."  Noah says " that was not funny" all the while trying desperately not to laugh.    We continued the night talking to our friends with me showing or sometimes Noah would show off my ring, all in all, it was a great night.

As we were lying in each other's arms after all the guest had left Noah and I started talking about our wedding.  We really wanted something small and intimate but turns out the Flynn family alone is huge then there is June's family and mine.  So, we started talking about my dress.  Noah was describing to me the dress he envisioned me in: white satin dress, fitted in the top (as he said) showing a little cleavage, with long flowing sleeves, long flowing skirt, and a simple train.  I couldn't help my self and told him sorry my dress is going to be strapless heart shape dress form fitting hitting just below my butt.  He growled and rolled over on top of me and said "over my dead body.  This is all mine."  I laughed and pushed him back down and snuggled up to him resting my head on his shoulders and admitted "I like your idea I might change it a little but not by much"  we held each other going over the night's events and talking about our future.   I don't know exactly when but eventually we fell asleep happy.

We woke up to a knock on the door, I got up and answered it and Lee was standing there halph awake rubbing his eyes.  I shook him since he was just standing there trying to wake him up.   "Lee what the hell. You wake me up early and just stand there rubbing your eyes." Noah was by my side waiting when Lee looked "mom wants us downstairs now."  Noah grabbed a shirt and I grabbed my robe and we all walked downstairs pulling them on.  June and Mathew were in the kitchen waiting for us "kids please sit down I have some conflicting news to tell you."  We all took our seats with me in the middle of Noah and Lee holding each one's hand.  "Tom called this morning turns out that last night Blake was beaten to death in prison." To say the least we were all stunned. June hung her head and Mathew reached over and rubbed her back "this is not your fault it is none of our faults he should have kept his mouth shut."  I look between the two of them and then Mathew continues "turns out Blake wanted to a big man in prison so he started bragging about all the girls he had rapped.  He even bragged about you, Elle.  Turns out that one of the inmates' sisters was one of his victims and that she had committed suicide.  So during their time in the yard, the other inmates distracted the guards while Blake was being dragged off and he was beaten to death."