11. MORE TO BLAKE

I woke when I heard a knock on the door took me a minute to remember I was in the guest room. I hear my phone go off and when I read it says you two decent I reply yes come in. Lee walks in and says "mom wants to talk to us so go get dressed for school but don't wake Noah up." I nod my head and quietly climb out of bed. I slide out of the room closing the door gently before darting down the hall to get dressed.
When I get downstairs I see Mathew, June, and Lee around the table. June looks devastated and Mathew looks enraged now I know where Noah gets that look. June asks me to sit down. "I asked you not to wake Noah for this because we need to figure out how to tell him." What is it June?" I see Mathew grip the table. June stands up asks him to look at her and when he does I see him calm down. I hear next to me "Damn just like you and Noah." June looks at us and says "I will need an explanation but not now. We have a big problem concerning Noah and Blake." I look at her and "ask what is it?" Mathew then says through clenched teeth "It appears Tom lied to us about why he wanted Blake to stay with us."
At this point, June walks over to me and grabs my hand "please our darling Elle know if we had known about this we would never have let him stay" I look at June and see tears streaming down her cheeks. Lee says "What is it mom" June looks at Lee and says "Blake is a wanted man turns out he was part of a gang back in Chicago that would rape women they dated or came across on the streets. Sometimes it was one on one and sometimes it was the whole gang. Blake's preferred date rape. He would sweet talk the girls get them to go out with him and drug them. Then he would...no...I can't say what he did. Well
When Tom found out he called me told me that Blake kept getting kicked out of schools and would still hang out with his same friends and keep getting in trouble. I never knew I believed my brother. I am so, sorry Elle I put you in danger like that." I stood up and wrapped my arms around her and say "it is not your fault please June I know you would never have allowed a rapist in the house." Out of nowhere we all hear "WHAT? I WILL FUCKING KILL THEM BOTH." I look at Noah and start walking up to him when Mathew grabs me and pulls me back. Lee says "dad let her go and just watch." " I can't Lee he will never forgive himself if he hurts her." I look at June desperately since I know only I can calm down Noah just like she calmed down Mathew. June looks between me and Lee and says "trust them" Mathew lets me go and I walk up to Noah and place my hand on his chest lightly and say "Noah look at me, Noah look at me please." He looks at me "O.k. now breathe slowly. The hatred fades from his face and then he grabs me pulls me close and says "I hate my Uncle for this. He knew you were here and he put you in danger. I will never forgive him." I grab his face and say "That's ok but your mom needs you she needs to know you don't blame her that we don't blame her." He lets me go and goes to his mom pulls her in his arms and I hear him tell her "This is not on you this is on Uncle Tom. I know, we all know you would never have allowed him in this house with Shelly if you knew. You and dad raised Lee and me to respect women. So don't think we blame you." Lee said, "He's right mom plus you love Shells like a daughter you were so happy when these two announced their engagement because it meant she would become officially part of our family you would never have put her in danger or any of us." June looks up from Noah's embrace and says "thanks kids I love all of you" next thing I know I was in the middle of a Flynn family hug.