12. AFTERMATH

Noah insisted on driving me to school after we had our talk.  We took his car because he wanted to talk he was a little upset with me that I didn't at least kiss him before I got out of bed.  

Noah: I understand Shelly believe me but when I woke up expecting to find you next to me I was a little disappointed.  Especially since the reason, I woke up was because I forgot to turn off my alarm on my phone that told me when my first class started.  I realized I didn't need to get up but remembered that you did.  I saw you were gone and then I noticed that the alarm by the bed was off.  So, I knew it wasn't because you went to the bathroom.  I thought you would leave without saying goodbye.

Me:  I will always say goodbye to you Noah.  I love you I would never leave without saying goodbye.  It is just your parents wanted to talk to me and Lee about Blake.

Noah:  Well I am not happy about that either, were you planning on keeping me in the dark.

Me:  Of, course not.  The plan was to figure out how to tell you so you wouldn't lose your temper and do something that could jeopardize our future together.

Noah:  Oh, so what are you saying Shelly baby are you scared of me.

Me:  Noah, I am not and I repeat NOT scared of you I am scared for you for us.  Think about the first thing you said when you heard was I will kill both of them.  Where would that put us in the future?  Where would that leave me?

Noah:  I guess I didn't think about that.

Me: Exactly, babe when it comes to me and my safety you tend to act before you think and you are starting to get that under control but until you do.  Will you please understand  I will tell you the truth but you have to let me do it my way so you don't act on your first instinct.

Noah:  I guess that is reasonable.

We had just pulled into the school parking lot when he says oops you forgot something.  No one here can see it till tomorrow.  He slides my ring off my finger and puts it in his pocket.  

Me: I can't wait then there will be no reason for me to take it off well except for soccer and labs.

Noah: Well don't forget  the beach and 5he pool.

I giggle a little and turn to him and lean in for a kiss.  He pulled away nope I want a real one stay put.  He get's out of the car walks around opens my door and helps me out.  He then lifts me up on the hood of his car and presses his lips against mine.  I run my fingers through his hair and wrap my legs around his waist as he deepens the kiss.  He pulls away chuckling since he has left me breathless and himself as well.  I will pick you up after school so we can go to our spot for a picnic.  He goes to help me down and I say just give me a minute my legs still feel kind of rubbery I giggle.  He shakes his head and says "what am I going to do with you Shelly"  All of a sudden I hear "marry her or I will" I shake my head "ahh just shut up Tuppen I don't think Olivia would like that"  Noah raises his eyebrow and I say "yep, it was made official yesterday they have been flirting for these last few days.  Tuppen has fallen hard."  Noah looks at him and says "well good for you man" "yeah if it wasn't for Evans I probably never would have asked her out.  Your girl changed me.   When I was at Duncan's party man I was getting ready to make-out with this hot chick and then it just didn't feel right and I realized I wanted what you two have so now I plan to go to hang out.  When I noticed how I was feeling towards Olivia  this last week it was Evans that made me realize that a real man is not afraid of how they feel."

Tuppen and I say goodbye to Noah and right before I walk away he gives me a quick kiss.  After I get a few feet away he yells "I Love you Shelly" I turn and say "I love you too Noah."  Tuppen looks at me and says: you two are just to darn cute. "At that point Olivia walks up and says "hi Elle mind if I join you?"  I look at her and say "no, I don't especially since this is your man now"  she laughs and looks at me and tells me "thank you by the way Tuppen told me it was you that convinced him to ask me out.  A lot of us girls here envy you Elle not just because you were the one to steal Flynn's heart but because you have a guy so devoted to you we all wish we had it and I think I found mine right here"  "I am glad Olivia." At that point, we make it to Olivia's class where Tuppen leaves her with a quick kiss and an I love you and we head to ours two doors down.  We both sit down just as the bell rings, ready to start the day.