8. SHOPPING

Noah, Lee and I had decided to throw a party so Noah could announce our engagement to all our friends the week after Duncan's.  Well technically it was already scheduled way before Duncan's party.  Blake was not to happy about it.  One because Lee said he couldn't help with decorations and two because Lee said no to it being a costume party.  Lee told him we were already having one on Halloween.  He stomped around screaming that we were being unfair.  Mathew finally calmed him down by "saying watch it or you won't go to this one either."  I guess Blake complained to his dad because later I heard Mathew say "well I am sorry Tom, the boys and Elle have been planning this since before we knew Blake was coming I am not going to make them change things for him."  I guess Uncle Tom thinks Mathew can be pushed around because next thing I hear is "Well I don't care if you think I should put  Blake before Elle because that is not going to happen as far as I am concerned she is my daughter and if you and your son can't accept that I will send him home today."  I guess Uncle Tom got the message because Next I hear "that is what I thought good bye"  Then I hear "Elle I would really appreciate it if you don't tell Blake about this I know you were trying to get out quick but I kind of caught you off guard.  If you tell the boys tell them I said it is top secret.  I can't ask you to keep things from Noah you can't be in a relationship with Lies.  As for Lee I know he will figure something is bothering you soon enough and if you don't tell him he will be mad it's times like this I hate your two's twin telepathy."  I start laughing and get up and I hug Mathew  "you know I love you like my dad right?"  "yes I do Elle" then he whispers in my ear "I can't wait till you are officially my daughter."  I look at him and say "I can't either."  We hug again and  I remind him I was heading out with Rachel to buy an outfit for Saturday. Even though I bought dresses for parties I forgot my dress for the engagement announcement.

Rachel and I had a blast trying on different dresses for the party.  After I picked up Rachel I swore her to secrecy and told what the party was really for so she could help me pick out the perfect dress.  She looked at me and admitted that she already knew.  To not be mad at Lee because she knew he was excited about something but when he wouldn't tell her she started doubting him so he caved.  I explained I was not mad at him for that.  Well we must of hit at least 20 different dress shops before we found the perfect dress.  I think part of the problem was I wanted it to be off white seeing as it was an engagement party but Rachel said that an engagement dress could be any color.  She also said I should get a blue one because she had over heard Noah one time tell Lee that he loved me in blue.  So we ended up with this blue spaghetti strap sweetheart neckline with the bodice covered with lace that was attached to a satin skirt that hit just below my knee that flared out with a white petticoat underneath that would peak though when I walked.  I also picked up some more shorts, a couple of school uniform skirts and pants, and matching shoes for the dress.  Rachel got her self a red A line satin dress with a white petticoat underneath her skirt as well and a pair of matching shoes.  

After we finished shopping Rachel and I went to the food court to get a bite to eat when all of a sudden I hear "well, well, well if it isn't the little bitch my Uncle loves more than me."  Uncle Mathew may think you are all sweet and innocent but get this he doesn't know my dad had me on the line and I heard everything.  When I tell him how you told me all about his conversation with my dad just to hurt my feelings he won't let you date his son anymore and then you will be mine bitch."  Then he walked away.  I looked at Rachel and she was smiling from ear to ear "Rachel this isn't funny I can't have Mathew and June doubt me I love them too much maybe I will just go meet my dad in DC make their lives easier all of a sudden I hear "you will do no such thing young lady.  I am going to have a little conversation with my brother about this one.  So, don't you worry about Mathew he told me everything about your conversation today and I will tell him about this one I just overheard now you girls come home please"  I say "yes June thank you"  "no, problem Elle we love you".  I look at Rachel and say "how"  she smiles and says "Lee made me promise if I was ever with you when he approached you to call him immediately so when I saw him heading this way I took a chance and face timed him he was in the kitchen with your mom so I angled the screen so they could see" beep beep beep "hang on it's Lee "you girls coming home" I say "yeah Lee heading out now see you in a few by the way Lee you and Rachel are geniuses."  Rachel hung up after being all lovey dovey with Lee and we headed out to my car.  I couldn't help but think about how close Rachel and I become all because of Lee.  I really hope they make it.