Not so perfect friendship?

Dan----

Did he actually just ask me that? He had a girlfriend and I didn't, he knew that!

"not yet. I'm waiting for the right person," I answered truthfully. I had my best friend Amanda, but I didn't exactly feel the 'spark', not that I didn't like her though. She was probably one of the best friends you could ask for, her and Phil combined was just like a small ring of companions and friends.

"I'm sure you'll find someone one day," Phil replied.

I didnt know why, but for some reason, Phil was irritating me so much and I couldn't figure out why! We'd been through so much together, so him asking me about finding someone shouldn't have annoyed me at all, but for some strange reason, it did.

I scraped back my seat.

"I'm going for a walk," I told him.

"ok I'm guessing you don't want me to come with you?" he asked and took a bite of his burger.

"no I want to be alone," I mumbled and stood up off my seat and turned away from the table towards the exit.

"can I have the rest of your burger then?" the typical Phil asked and I almost laughed.

"sure go for it," I told him.

Then I left the crowded restaurant and entered the bustling streets of Manchester. Alone.