Chapter 13

Bridgett P.O.V

All eyes were on me I knew I had let the cat out the bag, but Carmen had to know since she was headstrong on finding Natalia's murderer.

Maybe we should sit down I stated.

No I prefer to stand she said glaring at me

If looks could kill I probably be sharing a grave adjacent to Natalia.

I should start at the beginning, I inhaled deeply.

Natalia came running into my restaurant one evening and looking scared to death. I sat her down and asked her what was going on she said someone was following her. I insisted we call the police and let them handle it, but she smacked my phone out my hands. Calling the police would complicate things she said. I told her I couldn't let her out herself in danger, but she said they would go after you and if she died they would leave her alone.

I watched Carmen eyes go from shock to hatred, but I couldn't stop there. She told me she couldn't go into details on why she was being followed and didn't want you to find out. I beg her to tell the police and told her I give her a week to get you and leave New York.

A week Carmen yelled backing in to her coffee table. My sister was killed within that week if you loved her so much why didn't you ignore what she said and called the police anyway.

Because I didn't want to risk you getting hurt she yelled with tears and snot running down her face.

So you risked my sisters life to save mines.

No your sister risked her own life to save your I yelled.

Carmen Bridgett maybe we all should just calm down and think before one of you say something you regret Nathan said

Shut up Nathan Carmen said. You may not have pulled the trigger, but your the reason my sister is dead Carmen said reaching behind her and pulling the gun out.

I found myself staring down the barrel of the gun in the hands of my best friend. My life flashes before my eyes, but I couldn't look away from Carmen big brine eyes which were red from crying and filled with sadness and hatred and yet I never saw her so beautiful.

Carmen put the gun away Nathan said arms out moving closer to Carmen.

I hate you she spat at me. I shook my head agreeing I deserved it ever since she died I've been beating myself up about it, but she knew what she was doing nothing I could of said would of stopped her.

She lowered the gun get the hell out Bridgett she said through clinched teeth.

I breath a sigh of relief and ran out the door. I didn't stop running until I got safely inside my car.

I hit the steering wheel repeatly uggh how can I be so stupid I yelled sobbing.

A Light tap on my glass nearly made me jump out my skin. God Nathan you scared me half to death I said rolling my window down.

Bridgett I'm not here to say wether or not you were right and wrong in the roll you played in this situation. I do believe Natalia knew what was going to happened and like you said nothing anyone could do would of stopped her. Carmen just needs time to process all of this she's still hurting so maybe it he best if y'all distant yourselves from each other for a while he suggested.

Ok I nodded just take care of her I said.

He smiled I am and to ease your mind she's not as fragile as you think he said walking back to the condo.

Jealously pang at my heart I wished I could go up there and comfort her. I missed having her lay her head on my chest as I ran my fingers through her hair. I shook the thoughts of her out my head and drove off.